Supporting Characters...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KIR

Sparks, NV
Recognize any of these guys?

Supporting Characters.jpg

Couple of my old favorites there. Warren Oates and Edmund O'Brien. But a lot of familiar faces and names. Just Watched Chill Wills in "McClintock" the other day. One of my favorite Westerns.

woodsy

Blackhawk
Because of my age and having watched AMC, and now TCM, they are ALL familiar to me (and my wife). Several, at least, are missing. Such as Ken Curtis and Gabby.

BearBiologist

Hunter
Couple of my old favorites there. Warren Oates and Edmund O'Brien. But a lot of familiar faces and names. Just Watched Chill Wills in "McClintock" the other day. One of my favorite Westerns.
I taped Edmund O'Brien a couple of nights ago in the original "D.O.A.". Likely gonna watch it tonight (for about the 5th time!).

Watched "He Walked By Night" from 1947 last night. Scott Brady, Jack Webb (in a supporting role), and Richard Basehart, with at least a 1/2 dozen supporting actors on that list!

Can't forget Elisha Cook, Jr.!

1714669806805.png

Last edited:
With us watching a lot of older shows I recognize many of them. One I get a kick out of is L. Q. Jones who took that stage name from the name of the character he played in the World War II Marines movie Battle Cry.

Reactions: KIR
With us watching a lot of older shows I recognize many of them. One I get a kick out of is L. Q. Jones who took that stage name from the name of the character he played in the World War II Marines movie Battle Cry.
L. Q. Jones is one of my favorite actors. The opening scene of Battle Cry where he gives the sleeping Indian a hot foot is hilarious!

KIR

Sparks, NV
I taped Edmund O'Brien a couple of nights ago in the original "D.O.A.". Likely gonna watch it tonight (for about the 5th time!).
I still remember that original 'D.O.A.' as I watched it as a kid in the 50's. Must have made quite an impression on me since O'Brien died at the end of the movie. Have not seen it since.
Bob Steele 'Duffy' on F Troop was a leading actor in his early movies. Whenever he got into a fight with a bad guy, he was always punching towards their stomach. He was a short, but good looking actor with curly hair.
I got the book, "Names you Never Remember, With Faces you Never Forget" from the library a several weeks ago. Interesting!
While many might be 'character' actors, there are a couple who won 'Oscars' for their acting ability. Victor McLaglen for Best Actor in "The Informer" (although my fave movie of his was his role in 'Gunga Din') and Thomas Mitchell Best Supporting Actor in "Stagecoach"

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
I know about 3/4 of them. I watch at least one old western movie every day, sometimes two a day. I get a kick out of seeing firearms that had not been invented yet like seeing a movie with a mid 1800's time frame with Colt SAA revolvers and double action revolvers. I wish they would leave the B&W flims alone and not colorize them. It looks stupid with colors flashing on and off in the picture.

CHEVYINLINE6.

Latest posts