The Bible Bob Wright and GP100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
Bob and GP100 I pulled your remarks from another post about doggies and kitties and will they be in Heaven. I think as mankind keeps moving forward, seems like we want to create a new interpretation of our own for the final turnout.

Anyway these are two very different statement to consider, we have living souls, yet when we die we know nothing.

"In the account of the Creation, it is only man who "....became a living soul." (Gen. 2: 7)

The Lord Jesus Christ died for the sins or man, no blood was for shed for animals. And faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is the only way to Heaven.

Short answer, No. But since all "...old things are passed away" the lack of animals will not be missed. In fact, in Heaven, we will want for nothing. And before you say you won't want to go, consider the alternative.

Hell and the Lake of Fire is nothing to joke about."

Bob Wright

GP100

Ecclesiastes 9:5
"For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten."

Mike J

Hunter
I would say Ecclesiastes was written by Solomon. He was before Christ & there has been more revelation since then. Also though Solomon was known for his wisdom I do not believe he was a prophet. He was responsible for bringing trouble to his people because he brought idolatry back in for his wives from other nations. Of course this is off the top of my head. I haven't studied that particular book in a while. I do believe everything changed because of what happened at Cavalry.

ChiefMuzz

Blackhawk
The Ecclesaistes verse is taken out of context. Solomon is talking about hope as you read in verse 4. He's not talking and their being no life/existence after death. He is talking about the existence of hope when we are yet alive. At the point of death it exists no more. The reward is at that point realized or not, up until that point there exists hope to realize that reward.

wolfsong

Staff member
You can't take it with you when you go.

No guns, no cars, no money. Nothing. There is no guarantee that our loved ones will be waiting for us, either. That is entirely up to their relationship with God, and His judgement. No man can measure or judge another man's connection with the Lord. We can only hope.

Somehow, I don't think that our earthly desires, wants or needs will be necessary or important in the hereafter. Just my opinion.

Mike J

Hunter
Thank You Chief Muzz. I should have taken the time to go look the scripture up & read it before replying. I should not have attempted to reply off the cuff so to speak.

GP100

Buckeye
Hi there JPGLSG,

Please, by all means feel free to quote anything I say to use for a intelligent discussion among you folks.. I have no issue with it at all.. And am glad someone actually paid attention to it to be honest.. Most people have always skipped over that part of the bible..

Peace to you guys. :)

protoolman

Service-Sixer
The reason no preacher will answer the question is because they fear you will not like the answer which is usually no although the creeping liberalism in my church makes the answer to anything these days somewhat unclear. I trust less in the church leaders these days and more in my personal relationship with God. I have good dogs but one at a time. I hope they are all not waiting to gang up on me.

wheelgun1958

Buckeye
Mike J said:
I would say Ecclesiastes was written by Solomon. He was before Christ & there has been more revelation since then.

Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."
John 8:58 NKJV

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.
Revelation 22:13 NKJV

KIR

Sparks, NV
Looking at Moses in a different light...

He was the first religious leader who wrote down God's words. (Ten Commandments) Proceeded to tell everyone else what to do.

DGW1949

Hunter
Interesting thread. I seem to remember reading in the Bible where there was some question about the eating of animals which had been sacrificed. Somewhere within the answer was a statement to not drink the blood because there-in lies the soul...."Soul" there meaning the soul of the animal, which in turn implies that at least some animals have a soul, eh?
I ain't sure where that can be found within the Word because it's been way too long since I read it, but none the less, I thought someone may find it interesting to look it up.

Just sayin'.

DGW

A long long time ago I remember starting a thread here about a squirrel that died in the alley behind our house.

My daughter was crying and I told a dad at school (Catholic school) about it. He said just to tell me daughter it's ok because it was a soulless creature and didn't mean anything. Like that would help any 8 year old girl???

I truly and honestly believe my doggie dog dogs (and Berry the cat) will be waiting for my wife and I…in Heaven.

Revelations 4 talks about the living creatures, one like a lion, one like a calf, one like the face of a man (but clearly was an animal with the face of a man) and one like a flying eagle. These are gathered around the throne of God in Heaven. They are called living creatures, with wings. They speak as well.
Revelation 5:13 talks about the creatures which are in heaven, and on the earth and under the earth and in the sea. If they meant MAN, why would they say Creatures? Scripture talks about the very rocks and trees crying out, so it's no stretch the have creatures do the same. Balaam's ass spoke to show that the Angel of God was nearby, ready to kill (Numbers 22). God and the faithful shall ride horses down from Heaven back to Earth for battle., as will the riders delivering the 4 pestilences. The Lamb is described by name all through Revelations, even after we are in Heaven. If we didn't know earthly things once we are in heaven, how would we know what a Lamb was?
I am not a scholar by any means, and I know that these things can be argued for years (and have been!) I simply believe that the simple things that gave us joy down here can be there to bring joy as well. Why not?

Ride1949

Hunter
A man and his dog

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.

He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.

When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold

He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.

When he was close enough, he called out, "Excuse me, where are we?"

"This is Heaven, sir," the man answered

"Wow! Would you happen to have some water?" the man asked.

"Of course, sir. Come right in, a! and I'll have some ice water brought right up."

The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

"Can my friend," gesturing toward his dog, "come in too, ?" the traveler asked.

"I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets."

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed.

There was no fence.

As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book. "Excuse me!" he called to the man. "Do you have any water?"

"Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in."

"How about my friend here?" the traveler gestured to the dog.

"There should be a bowl by the pump."

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl ! beside it.

The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.

When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

"What do you call this place?" the traveler asked.

"This is Heaven," he answered.

"Well, that's confusing," the traveler said. "The man down the road said that was Heaven, too."

"Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell."

"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?"

"No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind."

KIR

Sparks, NV
Bob Wright. You have a big ego. How dare you put yourself ahead of the GP-100??? :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts