Who shoots Black Powder

Help Support Ruger Forum:

judgejohnmd1

Bearcat
My meager collection: all Pietta: have conversation cylinders for 1858 & 1860: all have had the full treatment by Mike at Goons: unfortunately my 83 year old hands just can't handle them properly anymore, so I'm having to sell them. Sad times!!
Judgejohnmd

Attachments

• IMG_1568.jpeg
    IMG_1568.jpeg
    287.9 KB · Views: 27

caryc

Hawkeye
My meager collection: all Pietta: have conversation cylinders for 1858 & 1860: all have had the full treatment by Mike at Goons: unfortunately my 83 year old hands just can't handle them properly anymore, so I'm having to sell them. Sad times!!
Judgejohnmd
I'm sorry but I really don't understand you saying you have to get rid of them. I have guns that I never shoot, I just like to admire them.

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
Pietta copy of the 1858 Remington New Model Army. I've just used Goex in it.

Would like to get a Walker copy as well. Due to the existence of conversion cylinders, WA state now requires a 4473 for cap and ball revolvers.

View attachment 36604

So, because a cap n' ball revolver could POSSIBLY be converted to shoot cartridges, WA State says they are firearms. I guess women should be registered as prostitutes since they have all of the necessary equipment already on board. :(

Rat76

Single-Sixer
I have an 1860 reproduction revolver. It date codes as 1970, the importer is Hawes Firearms Co, LA CA & the manufacturer is Rigarmi (short for Rino Galesi Armi).

I pressed a .451 into the cylinder, pressed it back out & measured the dia. It was .442 dia. The sized ball just starts into the forcing cone, so this isn't a case of the cylinders being under sized.

Has anyone run across a C&B revolver made for .445 balls?

It's the one on the top.

1713372907870.jpeg

Another oddity is that the wedge is sized between a Walker wedge & the 1851/60 wedge & the nipples actually are sized for CCI #10 caps. Too short for reliable ignition but that's probably how I ended up with a 54-year-old gun in pretty much unfired condition. ;)

gnappi

Blackhawk
Another BP shooter here but the truth be told, I admit to having demon sloth and prefer the cleaning chore of using pyrodex and stainless revolvers.

My OA and Accusport 1858.

Attachments

• Ruger_OA_and Accusport_BP's_nsn.jpg
    Ruger_OA_and Accusport_BP's_nsn.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 8

BearBiologist

Hunter
I've taken deer with a TC Hawken 54. Hunted elk (no success) 2 seasons. Same with wild hogs in Cali. Here in WA, we used to be allowed to carry a BP handgun while in muzzleloader season (due to possible presence of lions and bears when retrieving game). Haven't hunted BP in years. I also shot BP loads in my Sharps repro and my 45 Colts (for SASS).

Colt Second Gen Walker (Colt Licensed but made by Uberti)

1713373931204.png

Matched Old Army's with Hippo scrimshaw knife.

1713374528851.png

Ubert 1860 Army. Leather and knife made by yours truly!!

1713374839242.png