.41 Mag. & Titegroup

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Johnnu2

Hunter
I found a formula for my .41 Mag using Titegroup (on the internet). Years ago, I was chastised by a very nasty old "recognized" pro (also on the internet) because I mentioned that I used a load from gleaned from the "internet". So, I wrote to Hodgdon and asked them for a load. They were surprisingly fast and helpful in supplying me a formula that validated my "research". I found that TItegroup reduced my (informal plinking) group from probably about 3-4 inches to a little over an inch (not including one flyer on me) at 25 yds over sandbags. I don't give out formulae, but trust me, if you want a very accurate (light-medium recoil) load for your .41 Mag (210gr LSWC), try Titegroup.
IMHO,
J.

The Norseman

Blackhawk
Thank you for suggesting Hodgdon Titegroup
power. With the impending powder shortage
you never know. I'll have to horde some
of that powder now.

I'm just beginning to reload for the first time
my new circa '90s S&W 657-4 41Rem Mag.

I just reloaded 6 with Alliant Red Dot with
Hornady 210gr .410dia XTPs. I will be
switching to Lead Bullets very soon.

Thanks again.

41 nut son

Bearcat
I have used Titegroup with both .41 mag and .357 mag with cast lead 208 grain lubed bullets. I was able to find some published data for both calibers. Not my preferred powder due to volume issues but it did work well when I could not find any Unique or Universal powder. Just be cautious on double charges, as the saying goes, a little goes a long ways.

woodperson

Single-Sixer
Hodgdon had data for Titegroup in .41 Mag on their website. I load it under plated bullets in my .41 Mag and it shoots pretty good. I load Titegroup in .357 under plated 125 bullets too and it shoots very good. Hodgdon now also now sells the same powder as Titegroup labeled as HighGun for shot shell loading.

Last edited: