How do I...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

I have a Police Service Six blue that I had to replace the barrel on due to a cracked forcing cone.

The barrel I bought was SS and I wanted to replace the cylinder with a SS cylinder because I like the looks of two tone guns.

I bought a cylinder, crane and all, and it drops right in with no trouble, but I would kinda like to use the blue crane so that just the barrel and the cylinder are SS.

Trouble is I can't figure out how to get the cylinder off the crane. I am afraid to ger too physical with it because there just might be a left hand thread involved.

Can any of you fellers help me out with this?

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I thought it might be but I didn't want to twist very hard on it until I knew for sure what was what.

If you will notice in the pictures, I pinned the barrel like Smith used to because when I unstalled it, it was tight all right, but not quite tight enough to suit me. Thanks again....

2010_0326sixsecurity0001.jpg

2010_0326sixsecurity0002.jpg

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Nice work!

I will say I'm impressed that you were able to do that much, without even knowing how to disassemble the cylinder and crane!

-- Sam

A

Anonymous

Thanks....I certainly am no gunsmith, but I am a Journeyman machinist so I know how to make things fit.

I have found though that when I do not know the disassembly procedure of a mechanical device, it is best to ask before I break something.