"New" Flatgate finally made it home

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Some auction houses take their very own sweet time getting things shipped out. Davis Brothers in Missoula takes a month (or more). Finally had this lovely little lady delivered:
1715218502688.png

5 digit (48###), 1956. A little holster wear, but overall, very clean. I actually hope the grips are not original or factory, because they fit horribly, but she's finally home!

hittman

Staff member
:oops: Who scratched it up right there by the serial number? :ROFLMAO:

Grips shouldn't be a hard find unless you're gonna keep those on it. They're vintage and always looks good too,

contender

Ruger Guru
Nice to see it finally made it to you.

As noted,, no way those grips are factory. I find it funny that someone put medallions in them.

And in your search for the PROPER set of grips,, make sure you search for "ORIGINAL" XR3 grips,, not the current ones. There is a difference.
Your best bet would be a WTB ad here.

G2

Hunter
IMO,,, While not original,,, Vintage Stag work…😜
These work well on a Single Six, not so much on a flattop…🙄
Really anything nice, that is period correct.
Congrats on a fine acquisition.

52706043622_f128045d14_k.jpg
52706980955_458e8d2184_k.jpg

Was that a GunBroker purchase? I seem to remember one like that…and I forgot to bid on it. Nice looking gun! I have a decent spare set of black rubber grips- I'm trying to decide if I should sell them or not…

Seems like I've been buying a gun a month for the last year and a half. I'm at the end of my "discretionary funds" for now…need to refill the piggy bank. But your idea does bear pondering…😁

Was that a GunBroker purchase? I seem to remember one like that…and I forgot to bid on it. Nice looking gun! I have a decent spare set of black rubber grips- I'm trying to decide if I should sell them or not…
No, but I saw the same one you did. This was another online auction with a company out of Missoula. Quick check of ebay turned up two, one for $100 that was okay, another one that was the oxidized brown for $50. If you decide to sell yours, shoot me a message.

Latest posts