Ruger 'American Camo' 10/22 stock?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Anybody know whether there might be any demand for (what I think is) a Ruger factory 10/22 'American Camo' stock, in very nice shape? It's that camo pattern with a mostly white background, multi-colored foliage, and a subdued American flag pattern showing in a couple of areas. I got it as part of a package deal, and was hoping it might save an ounce or two over my existing factory stock, but it's within a tenth of an ounce or so of being the same weight.

It looks nice on my rifle, but I'm more of a desert camo kind of guy, and if a real Ruger collector needs one for some reason (might be a limited edition?), I would prefer that it find its 'best & finest use' elsewhere.

This is NOT a 'For Sale' add (I know those belong in the Classifieds section) - just trying to figure out if these are as-rare-as-hens-teeth (meaning somebody else might want it for their collection), or if you can find 'em in the 'bargain bin' at every gun shop in America, because nobody wants 'em!

I couldn't find a stock photo that looked like the same camo pattern, so please see the 'quickie' snapshots below (I put it on my 10/22 to check for fit & see how it looks):

1714151384533.png

1714151459461.png

Thanks in advance, for anyone who might be inclined to educate me regarding this stock!
:)

hittman

Staff member

Here's some recent talk about camo 10/22 stocks

BULL'S-EYE

Buckeye
Like all the camo pattern 10/22 stocks, those are hydro dipped...So, no two are exactly alike. I check eBay daily for various gun parts, including 10/22 stuff, and that version is by far less encountered than the "Rock Star" pattern camo, which are definitely NOT rare. I believe that one was done in a limited edition last year for October 22nd, or 10/22 day...🤔

Thanks for all of the input! I'll probably leave the stock on my 10/22 for now and take it to the range - I know from previous experience that changing stocks can change how a 10/22 shoots, so we'll see how it does. FWIW, I do generally prefer camo furniture, not because I hunt, but because it can help hide scratches and dings from normal use (I used to wear camo pants at work for a similar reason - hides the dirt & mud stains, repairs, etc.).

Thanks again!!
:)

contender

Ruger Guru
We had our local FoNRA event this past Feb. For our "Table of Guns" raffle,, we had (8) of these exact camoed 5th edition guns as the prize(s) for the table that won,, all (8) were won by folks at the table except one,, which was won by a gentleman who played the game on that table.
The actually look pretty nice once I got my hands on one that night.
I think they cost around $300 for each gun so the expense isn't too great for a neat 10/22!