So, Who here rides?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TDF

Single-Sixer
Though snow is on the ground, spring is in the air and my thoughts turn from Rugers to Motorcycles. Actually I seem to be more addicted to bikes lately than Rugers. I currently own about 15 of them. Even have one on display in my kitchen. It's about time for me to get my Moto Guzzi out of storage, for the summer. And have been spending most of this weekend working on my '66 Ducati Sebring that is "slowly" getting turned into a cafe racer. Helped my little brother lift the engine into the frame of his Honda CB77 (305) he's restoring yesterday. Come on warmer weather. Who else here feels the call of two wheels?

TDF

P9230042.jpg

Cholo

Staff member
This is the 1st year in years I didn't ride at least one day per month. Dec. and Jan. were that cold and rainy. I don't think I've ever had such cabin fever to see the sun and ride. Been out a few days lately. Yesterday did about 275 miles with friends up Brasstown Bald, the highest point in GA. Bike running great, good company, upper 60's for part of the day, sunshine on my face. What more could a man ask for?

Well, that 20 something 100# waitress at the resturant would be one thing. Hey, I tried. The answer's always no if you don't ask :wink:

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Not riding as much as I used to:

HD1small.jpg

Need a new carb this year. I've had this bike since 1987, and it's got 67,000 on the clock now, most of that done from '87 to '96.

-- Sam

I used to, until two things happened. One, my daughter got accepted to a spendy private college and two, I had to admit I have a real problem with speed, like in I love it on a bike. When those two things came into focus, the ZRX1200R went away and I haven't ridden since. :cry:

hutchman

Blackhawk
I no longer ride for health reasons, but I would love to again........but my wife says if would cost me too much! LOL!

I like the Moto Guzzi..

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Robb Barnes":tf06vivh said:
I used to, until two things happened. One, my daughter got accepted to a spendy private college and two, I had to admit I have a real problem with speed, like in I love it on a bike. When those two things came into focus, the ZRX1200R went away and I haven't ridden since. :cry:
Now that I never would have guessed about you, Robb. That's you, Mr. Mysterious right to the core. :D

I'm finding that following hay trucks and getting bugs in my teeth is a lot less fun than it used to be.

-- Sam

Yes Sam, I went from an early GpZ750 to a 20 year haitus to see if I could learn to control my riding fast habit and it only to two rides on the ZRX to realize I hadn't grown up in that area. I just couldn't afford to keep riding since I knew it was only a matter of time until I went down again and on a bike like the ZRX, I knew it wouldn't be a pretty sight. Especially with 3 kids in college and owning my own business. Now I limit my riding to mules.

dbarale

Obsolete
TDF, that goose is quite sexy...
I don't ride a sexy bike but I ride it quite a bit.

Suzuki 1200 Bandit:

4591_1160306292642_1377351259_419406_3632219_n.jpg

And I ride when it's cold too. Yep, that's ice on the INSIDE of the helmet shield:

n1377351259_179432_3755.jpg

Scott

Single-Sixer
[im
GrandCanyonHarleyRide.jpg
g][/img]
Last summer's ride from MO to AR to Grand Canyon via Santa Fe, and back through southern CO, etc. about 3600miles total.

Papa

Bearcat
Man Scott, I'd love to take a trip like that if I could get the time off!!

Going down to Panama City at the end of next month for the Thunder Beach Ralley. My brother wanted to take a week and ride the coast all the way around the keys and back up to NC and come back across the Dragon on the way home. No way I could get that much time off though....:(

Maybe someday.... :D

HIVO

Single-Sixer
Its times like this I wish I knew how to post a pic. But anyway, I ride a 03 Honda CBR1100XX. I try to ride at a descent speed most of the time :wink:
HIVO

Rabon

Single-Sixer
DSC_0005-2.jpg

This pic was taken at Tern Lake last Fall, we still have ice and snow but I'll be able to get the Bike out in the next week or 2.