The new USPS mail delivery truck

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gnappi

Blackhawk
Does anyone see a resemblance? I think Finklestein looks better :)

usps finklestein_r.jpg

They better add a protective bar along the side of that windshield to protect it from the mailbox when the drivers
bash into it. I regularly find white paint on our boxes from being hit.
Built a heavy duty box at home out of 7 gauge SS304, it seems to survive the blind drivers.
Big box here at the store is always getting bent up.

MHtractorguy

Single-Sixer
If it's electric, why the long hood? Surely the batteries are not out front??!!
( Assume electric because of the charge cable)

We can rip the choice but it might actually work for suburban routes. Back to the barn and charge and load mail,
less maintenance ( maybe, but thinking so ), swap out battery units when dead. Be interesting to see a honest cost
comparison on some routes.
Still won't fix their biggest issue of poor quality workers, front end is likely designed as a "bumper car" for
a reason.

el caminero

Single-Sixer
If it's electric, why the long hood? Surely the batteries are not out front??!!
( Assume electric because of the charge cable)
The union insisted on having a/c in the new ones, with so many carriers collapsing from heat and exhaustion, and that looks like a good place to put it, not intruding into the cargo area.

This delivery vehicle thing... I remember when the Postal Service bought the 30-year life vehicles. They must be getting close to the 30-year mark. Our mailman drives an old beat up vehicle that has 4 different tires, rattles and bangs, at times is very difficult to start and then it sounds so bad while trying to start, you don't want to be near, runs on most of its cylinders, and smokes. Not long ago, they had to come tow it back to the barn. Couple weeks later, it was back to rattling down the road.

Last edited: