10-22 question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
I bought this 10-22 carbine last year, thinking it was the standard Model 1151 w/black syn stock and scope mount just like it shows on the website. There's no model # on the receiver or barrel, but the tag on the box say's it's a Model LE1151, indicating it's a Law Enforcement model. So which is it, and is there any difference between the two?

Ruger LE1151.jpg

9x19

Hunter
The label indicating 'LE1151' is not a Ruger OEM label. The one behind it, is.

It appears Ruger shipped it as SKU 01151, and looking up that circled serial number on Ruger's website shows the same.

Whoever the retailer was added the label and 'LE1151' designation, for reasons known only to them?

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
The label indicating 'LE1151' is not a Ruger OEM label. The one behind it, is.

It appears Ruger shipped it as SKU 01151, and looking up that circled serial number on Ruger's website shows the same.

Whoever the retailer was added the label and 'LE1151' designation, for reasons known only to them?

Thanks, I hadn't even thought about it being a retailer label. The shop I bought it from does offer various firearms at reduced prices for Military/LE, but this was the first time I'd noticed this kind of label/price tag on a box.