12 Of America's Most Popular Handguns & How Much They Cost

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JBP

Single-Sixer
One Ruger made the list: The LCP. I only have one model on it; the CZ 75B. It was my first 9mm and still the most accurate. The only one on the list I wouldn't go near is the Taurus G3C. I had a Taurus 40mm once upon a time and I may not be the best shot in the world but the accuracy on this was just terrible. I traded it in for my CZ75B.

What a joke! They literally can't even tell the difference from a handgun to a rifle to a shotgun. And if your going to include long guns on the list don't tell me an AR-15 wouldn't be number one.

Edit: I think I may have clicked a different article off that link but it's definitely a strange format lol

The only one on the list I wouldn't go near is the Taurus G3C. I had a Taurus 40mm once upon a time and I may not be the best shot in the world but the accuracy on this was just terrible.
Well you had a gun that didn't shoot up to the accuracy you hoped for so they are all terrible. Did it occur to you that a compact gun may not shoot as well as a full size? I guess that's a good reason to bad mouth all of them. I can't think of a major brand I haven't seen bad mouthed just in the last year, but a single sample of one is good enough for you. A lot has changed for Taurus, but they probably don't need your business, they are doing pretty good these days.

KIR

Sparks, NV
I will stick to my Browning Hi-Power in 9mm! If I need a little more power... H&K P30L in .40 and/or Ruger KP345 in .45. It is a tank!

Not surprised by most on the list. The S&W Shield shows up on many of these type media articles and obviously is a big seller for S&W. I guess I am surprised at why the Ruger LC9s is hardly known and not nearly as popular. Years ago I wanted a compact 9mm and was prepared to buy the Shield but at the time I asked to see the LC9s that was in the store case right next to the Smith. It felt very similar to me, and the trigger was much, much smoother than was the S&W. This Ruger has become my every day carry and has been for several years. My little S&W 642 hardly ever comes out of the safe, and my Glock 26 which I also like, is just that much thicker as to not work for me as a pocket pistol as does the Ruger. The LC9s has never failed to fire properly, and is at least as accurate as I am (I do not claim to be more than a mediocre marksman with a handgun). I have been so satisfied with the LC9s that I never have been tempted to go to the more popular 365 or the latest version of the Shield for that matter. With the Crimson Trace laser it just slides comfortably into my pocket in the Desantis pocket holster and although it only holds 7+1, I am very comfortable carrying this small gun.

JBP

Single-Sixer
Well you had a gun that didn't shoot up to the accuracy you hoped for so they are all terrible. Did it occur to you that a compact gun may not shoot as well as a full size? I guess that's a good reason to bad mouth all of them. I can't think of a major brand I haven't seen bad mouthed just in the last year, but a single sample of one is good enough for you. A lot has changed for Taurus, but they probably don't need your business, they are doing pretty good these days.
Didn't say that thy were all terrible since I never fired another one just that personally I wouldn't own another. Prefer wheel guns anyway.

It was a full-size semi-auto. Don't remember the model # since it was 24 years ago. Besides lousy accuracy there were numerous FTF and FTE regardless of the ammo used.