WTB 20 ga coach gun options

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Found a forgotten stash of 20 ga shot shells…decided I'd rather buy a 20 double and shoot it up. I can buy a Stoeger coach gun but would rather find one used and cut it down to 20" truck gun…..any thing out there?

Thanks….that would be a great solution……I will look for one. I had and old Fox that would have worked…..but sold it years ago before this idea hit.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
20GA doubles stacked either way will usually be an expensive thing to saw on.
Single barrels on the other hand can usually be found under a hundred and nobody cry's when you lop them off.
They have basic truck gun charm plus you can indulge in barrel swapability. :unsure:

Local and available,,,,,, P.M. me if this has any interest.

hr1.5.JPG

barrel 2.JPG

Last edited:

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
20GA doubles stacked either way will usually be an expensive thing to saw on.
That is true.
The one I cut down was too nice to cut , and I normally wouldn't have done it.
It was for a friend of mine's 80th birthday and he always wanted one.
So I found one and cut it down for him.
It was too nice and cost too much , but it was worth it.

Here is a 20-gauge Baikal Coach Gun with a Winchester 1894 Ranger Compact in .357 Magnum. Both are nice bedroom pieces.

The Coach Gun is loaded with #3 Buckshot which has 20 pellets in the shell. The Ranger Compact is loaded with 158gr JHP. Either one will work well for the intended purpose. #3 Buckshot is .25 caliber so you are putting a good amount of lead in the air when you fire it.

You do have to aim with a shotgun instead of the common myth that you just point it in the general direction. There is nothing more intimidating than hearing the sound of a pump shotgun racking or looking down the twin muzzles of a double barrel shotgun.

One time I came home in the early morning hours from an out of town job when I lived on the family farm. It was about 3am and someone had locked the door for some reason. I came in through the Bilco basement door to get into the kitchen. It woke up my Dad's Doberman Pinscher and Dad.... I opened the door to the kitchen from the basement to find myself looking down a double barrel 12 gauge!!! I swear it looked like 2 open 55 gallon drums!! I had to swallow my heart and check my pants for a brown stain after seeing that.... I explained that someone had locked the door and I was trying to get in without disturbing anyone. We did get a laugh from it but I can close my eyes and still see those huge holes looking at me ....
20221030_004641.jpg

gene1

Bearcat
I bought a double barrelled damascus twist 20 ga. shotgun marked Wells Fargo ( really) back in 1964 down along the Mexican border. I think I paid about $150 for it. It all went about 12 years later when I sold all
sold all my Civil War guns & I had a bunch. I do kick myself a whole lot. I am 93 now & still have some Rugers.

Geez, stop kicking yourself......you can't have it all--no where to put it....and we are just custodians. I am 20 years younger but I am aggressively thinning my heard....but will sometimes buy somethng just for the joy of it.....

Found a nice Stoeger 20 ga upland….26" barrel so not a coach gun, but on balance just fine. Something I could actually use for birds and home defense.
Thanks for advice, needsmostuff….I learned why side by side are not cheap to cut down

Latest posts