3" LCRX in .357 may be a reality soon

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kooz

Blackhawk
I sent the CEO of Ruger an e-mail requesting that they make the 3" bbl LCRX in .357 , got back a response from him a couple days ago saying that "they are working on it !! ".

TucsonDirt

Single-Sixer
That might be a great hiking gun --
but I don't even like shooting stout .38sp+P's in my LCR (at least not a box full at the range).
That's probably a gun to carry a lot and shoot (.357s) just a little.

Jim Puke

Hunter
My LCR .357 is very shootable with full magnum loads. The magnum LCRx will be a little heavier and that great "Bisleyesque"
grip will handle that recoil without a problem.

ditto1958

Blackhawk
I'd been wondering about that ever since the LCR came out. I'd have thought a .357 LCRx would have come out by now.

That whole hammer spur or shrouded thing always confuses me, though. For a gun that's strictly for concealed carry? The double action only makes the most sense. No spur to get caught in holsters, purses, clothing...

But what if you also want to shoot it for fun sometimes? Those double action trigger pulls are pretty much UN-fun. Especially if you're shooting anything stronger than .38 special range ammo.

I might be seriously tempted by a .357 LCRx.

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
Im planning on my next purchase to be a Ruger LCRx 357 mag with a 3 inch barrel .

Now to save a few frog skins !!!!!

RonS

Single-Sixer
That is an interesting gun. Might have to keep my 627 and add that to the stable, kind of a Mutt and Jeff combo.