357 Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LAH

Buckeye
Stuffed a few just now. I'm working with a new bullet to me, the NOE 360-160-WFN in both solid & hollow point form. Maybe try them out in a couple days.

The bullet

The load

I didn't measure the OAL before I came upstairs but it is a long load. Here's how they look in my 357s.

S&W 28

S&W 19

Ruger BH

GP100man

Buckeye
Lynn, Im interested in fps it takes to get em to open up & alloy used.

I have the 180 version but the hp is deeper & opens nicely with bhn 10 all the way down to 850 fps & can blow the nose off if much faster, I can get it to hang together with harder alloy until they shatter off.

I use the 180 as a solid for hunting & yet to recover 1 .

By the way where`d ya move to ??? Closer ???

GP

LAH

Buckeye
I'm in Beckley at present but just placed our home on the market. With all this snow I should move down in the swamp close to you. I'll give the few details on the load when I get to the computer.

dougader

Hunter
Real nice looking bullet there. I'm also interested in the alloy and velocity of your load.

LAH

Buckeye
The expanded bullet was fired from a 4" barrel.
It was cast from range lead of unknown content.
It was cast using the larger/deep pin.
Loaded in 38 Special cases with 5 grains of Unique.
It was fired into a landscape timber.
I cast a few of these for a friend of mine & he loaded & fired them into the timber.

The bullet in the cylinders above were cast with the smaller/shallow pin.

The second picture shows the ones I loaded last night. They are in 357 cases, 12.5 grains of AA9 & a Winchester SMP. I'm thinking they will be somewhere north of 1200 FPS but that's only a guess on my part. If the weather ever gives us a break & I can round up a few plastic jugs I'll see how they do fired into water.

LAH

Buckeye
Well I made it out a fired a few of these on Wednesday. It was raining & wouldn't quit so I shot at a few rocks out of my truck window. I couldn't stay in the house any longer. Most the rocks were 'bout 50 yards so I sighted in best I could. Maybe I'll get some on paper next week.

The M-28

Saw a few bear tracks on the way in

Did I mention it was raining?

And still snow on the ground

GP100man

Buckeye
Looks clod & wet for shore LAH, maybe good INDOOR casting weather??

Butt can understand getting out & about even if ya do have to stay close to the trucks heater !!

GP

LAH

Buckeye
I don't mind cold & I don't mind wet but the two don't go together. I wanted to put the load on paper but the rain wouldn't quit.

But Saturday I sat here most the day down in the back till I couldn't sit any longer. Took the 28 Smith & a few shells & took a drive. Placed the target at 25 yards & shot off the hood of the Ford. Here's the results.