44 Mag in Colt 1873 size?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Wvfarrier

Blackhawk
Man alive, not sure I would risk 44 mag in a colt saa sized revolver.

Mus408

Hunter
The cylinder O.D. is what I would like to know and also these have been around for 5 years. Must have missed that one! Also brings the question again of why the NM Blackhawk Flat Top could not have been built for 44 Mag too.
Anyway I have a nice 1998 Bisley Vaquero 5.5 barrel in 44 Mag on the way soon!

contender

Ruger Guru
"Also brings the question again of why the NM Blackhawk Flat Top could not have been built for 44 Mag too."

Because too many dern people fail to heed the loading levels in reloading books. They think they have to have "Hotter, faster, bigger" all the time. Ruger understands such stupidity.

Bigbore5

Single-Sixer
I've shot a customized Ruger Flat top in 480 before. It's not pleasant. I would imagine this 1873 would be very nasty with full magnum loads

Rclark

Hunter
Buy a SBH for .44 Mag. If you still want a .44 in the SAA platform, buy one that shoots .44 Special :) . Simple :) . That's how I approach the question...

Ruger understands such stupidity.
And they've done the proof testing as well...

Ralph H

Bearcat
Greetings, Gentlemen,
This one worked well for me, once I got the callous on my middle finger joint.
250 gr. bullet, and 25 gr. 4227.

Attachments

• Blackhawk-R.jpg
    Blackhawk-R.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 29

Hondo44

Hawkeye
The cylinder O.D. is what I would like to know and also these have been around for 5 years. Must have missed that one! Also brings the question again of why the NM Blackhawk Flat Top could not have been built for 44 Mag too.
Anyway I have a nice 1998 Bisley Vaquero 5.5 barrel in 44 Mag on the way soon!
The NM Blackhawk Flattop was built for .44 Mag, but on the large frame, not the NM Flattop mid frame.