Alexander Sturm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
I was asked by a forum member who was looking for a certain patch and decal if I might have any extra examples. So while digging through several boxes I came across some Alexander Sturm memorabilia.
Here is a life magazine with a picture of Alex and Paulina for their wedding. You can see what the article was titled.

alexandersturm006.jpg

alexandersturm005.jpg

alexandersturm007.jpg

Then I found the year book from Yale that Alex attended. Here are a couple of the pages.

This is the page for Davenport College

alexandersturm002.jpg

alexandersturm008.jpg

This page featured Avon Old Farms

alexandersturm009.jpg

alexandersturm001.jpg

bluedot54

Bearcat
i am not given to harsh words by nature,that being said it really pissed me off when ruger dropped the s from the Sturm Ruger lable.Bill must be turning over in his grave. may he and mr. Sturm rest in peace.
on a more positive note i think the name Sturm will one day return to its rightful place in the Sturm Ruger legalese.

peyser

Bearcat
I am wondering if anyone here can give me more information on the life of Alexander Sturm (beyond his standard wikipedia entry). I am writing a book about his mother-in-law, Alice Longworth, and was interested to see a few comments here about Alex, including one that contained screen shots of some of his memorabilia from someone with the screen name "Buckeye." Many thanks.

Ruger168

Blackhawk
As a friend of Bill Ruger's I can tell you that if anyone had even mentioned changing the Ruger logo, that Alexander Sturm designed, they would have been fired on the spot. Bill liked Alexander and appreciated the contributions that he made to the company. He respected him as a friend and partner. Bill would not be happy with his company these days. Bill and I talked about the early days of the company and Alexander and his family many times over the years and his respect and admiration of Alexander Sturm was very evident. The company did a great disservice to Bill's legacy by changing the logo and removing Alexander Sturm's contribution.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
mr.deerstalker said:
AMEN Ruger 168.....I with ya, what common man would NOT? after what A.Sturm did for him!

Its a shame this happened as far as im concerned.

Scott

THINK IT IS ALL ABOUT MONEY AND NOT ABOUT US. NO RUGERS REMAIN IN THE BUSINESS. OBSERVE THE 50TH 10 22 ANNIVERSARY AND THE STILL UNPUBLICIZED DEMISE OF THE SUBSCRIPTION SN PGM........NOT VERY IMPRESSIVE.......... :roll:

Ruger168

Blackhawk
Spot on HAWKEYE#28.
The word I'm getting is that one reason they are so far behind with production is that they are having trouble getting people to work for them. When Bill was alive they had a waiting list of people that wanted to work at Ruger ! I think that is one reason they did not expand the NH or AZ factories.