Altamont Grips.......They worked !!!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Star43

Buckeye
Now it can be said that I have not been a fan of Altamont Grips in the past, simply because they didn't fit my guns (Single Sixes). I bought a couple of the Rosewood grips from Ruger, and they sure are pretty, but they didn't fit. They were actually too long with too much wood over the bottom grip, and even the top of the grip didn't fit the frame right. Very frustrating. BUT, just Today, while I removed the grips from my Arrow gun from 1986. Something told me to take the Rosewoods off the shelf. I had 2 sets of these Rosewood grips that I put back in the original packaging. The part # is 70046 on the package. The reason I was removing the grips was I put a spacer in the gun but the wood was pretty well cracked. I was thinking of changing the spacer, and thought, what the heck. Let's try the Rosewoods. They FIT like a glove. You see the other guns I tried these grips on were stainless. The Arrow gun is Blue !! The fit is terrific, and I want to take back some earlier nasty thoughts I had of these pretty grips. On the frame is marked: XRN 3RED. On the inside of the grip panel it says: XRP..... Anyway, these Rosewood grips look great on a Blued gun and I am happy. When I ordered these from Ruger, I said what they were. Single Sixes made in the 1980's, ...which they are. I guess the Blued frames are slightly different than the Stainless frames. All has turned out well !! 🙂👍

Last edited:

Star43

Buckeye
Well I put the spacer in and it's all screwed back together. Maybe it's not quite a "Fit like a glove" type deal, but I am not complaining at all. Are they as close fitting as the originals, no, but they do work. On the Stainless Single Six, no, it was a no go, but on the Blued, or I should say on this: XRN 3RED grip frame, they are keepers. They work. 👍

Star43

Buckeye
Yeah, I never would that it would be that much difference, but it was way off on the Stainless. I'm glad I didn't even try to return them, as I have had them for a while, but i think they will be ok & sufficient on the blued ...Nothing like the originals though, but these will suffice. 👍

KIR

Sparks, NV
I am a big fan of Altamont grips. I got a set for my Ruger GP-100 Match Champion and they were great, all the way around, from fit, finish to beauty. Alas, my son took the gun off my hands as I am not a fan of SS. I hope to get the blued version someday and get another set of Altamonts.

GP-100 and Nimravus.JPG

Now it can be said that I have not been a fan of Altamont Grips in the past, simply because they didn't fit my guns (Single Sixes). I bought a couple of the Rosewood grips from Ruger, and they sure are pretty, but they didn't fit. They were actually too long with too much wood over the bottom grip, and even the top of the grip didn't fit the frame right. Very frustrating. BUT, just Today, while I removed the grips from my Arrow gun from 1986.
I call BS!!! I think they look like crap on your gun. Are you Amish or something??? What do you have against cameras???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240124-100202~2.png
    Screenshot_20240124-100202~2.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 12

Star43

Buckeye
I call BS!!! I think they look like crap on your gun. Are you Amish or something??? What do you have against cameras???
I use a phone when I do this. I would have to learn how to do the photo thing. It is what it is.

hittman

Staff member
When you click on the box here at the bottom of the page, you'll see a box with "Attach files", click on that and from there you can download a picture from your phone right into the post. Your selections are ~ Photo Library or ~ Take Photo or Video or ~ Choose Files. For this I selected "Photo Library".

IMG_0208.png