BOTs on RF ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Johnnu2

Hunter
I noticed at the bottom of our Board Index page in the 'registered users' section that there are two 'BOTs" on line. One is Google (BOT) and the other is Yahoo (BOT)... I'm not computer literate so I thought I would ask the question: "What's up with this...???". J.

Ka6otm

Blackhawk
It's search software from google and yahoo looking for new or changed pages.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
I noticed at the bottom of our Board Index page in the 'registered users' section that there are two 'BOTs" on line. One is Google (BOT) and the other is Yahoo (BOT)... I'm not computer literate so I thought I would ask the question: "What's up with this...???". J.
Pretty much all websites are constantly visited.

For years I toyed with the idea of having a web site for my business.... I'm more of a do it yourself kind of guy but finally realized that it might be prudent to hire someone to do this.... but I was way past due getting one... then I was in a seminar where one of the presentations was on how to develop a web site and how to 'qualify' the person doing the designing and creation of it. The guy doing the presentation told about a big service company that had a for years their',com' name all over the internet and of course in and on all their advertising. Then they hired a new web site developer that promised to get them at the very top of the google search engine..... the issue was the new developer used devices that violate googles rules and google's bot program caught this and blocked any access to their .com name. and at least in this seminar there is no fixing this... once your .com I.D. is banned by Google it is gone forever..... You can't get it back on. What I learned from this seminar is I just ain't gonna do it... but since I stopped advertising about 20 years ago and still have all the work I want.... there is a message here.

Go to the FORUMS tab page.
On the right it shows members online.
At the bottom of that list is a link that says " SEE MORE"
First off I see no 'members online' anywhere so I definitely can't look at "see more". Perhaps you have your personal preferences set up different then I do. That could be why I don't see the mentioned section.

Dan in MI

Staff member
It's changed a little bit.
Click members, current visitors.
03A925AD-CF8F-4F51-A0CB-DCAA027C2B24.png

Latest posts