Canoe Value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Im thinking of selling my canoe and all attachments, listed below. I am getting older and handling it by myself is getting iffy. It is about 85 lbs.
I was wondering if I could get some idea of what to charge,
Canoe is a 133 Discovery (13ft 3 inches long)
Its been around there re scars on the bottom but nothing that makes it un water worthy.
It has three seats and an 800 lb. capacity.
As far as canoes are concerned it is a bit of a tugboat but very stable.
Included is a 30 lb Minnkota
Home mad motor mount
Paddles
Oars (canoe has oar locks)
Two adult and two children Life jackers
I am in South Florida
This is not an add. Just trying to ascertain a fair price if I decide to pull the trigger..
I hate the idea but now it is not being used and don't see it in the future.

BMW Rider

Bearcat
MSRP on that canoe is $1400, it's not one of the cheap thermalmold canoes sold everywhere these days. I'd value the canoe alone in good condition over $400. Sorry to hear its getting hard to handle, good luck with your sale if you proceed with it.

nekvermont

Buckeye
A couple years ago I had an Old Town "Osprey" I wanted to sell for $600. 14' made of Royalex (premium mat.). very good condition 2 paddles, 2 floatation devices, and cartop carry kit. I had it on Craigs list and local listings for 4 or 5 months with no bites. Finally got a response from a couple from the Boston Area who had a camp in Northern Vt, they showed up and gave me my asking price.

Around here, it's hard to sell anything unless you're going to just about give it away. You might be better off trying to sell the motor separately.
Edit: You could keep an eye on your local Craigs List and watch what's happening with canoes.
Good luck to you.

Last edited:

bocash3

Bearcat
Becoming partially disabled from spinal cord damage (staph infection), I had to sell both of mine last year. Bad Balance due to paralysis below waist made entry/exit dangerous.
Sold quickly Old Town Pathfinder for only $275 because of slight kink in left gunnel. Otherwise was a $450 - 500 boat. Sold at same time was a 15' Grumman keel model for $585. Buyers got bargains on both!

Good luck. Bo - Western NC