Need infomation on the value of a silver coin.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Around here, shops typically pay spot price give or take a little depending on actual round being sold. Sell price on bullion is $2.50 over spot. Your round would be a minimum of $25 in my area and likely a bit more.

rugnelli

I have a one ounce silver coin that is 0.999 pure silver I got years ago in Portland Oregon. I got it when I bought something from a retail store in Portland Oregon called Tom Petersons. Tom Peterson was a well know local celebrity in the area and a avid sportsman. The coin is a 25th Anniversary coin 1963 to 1988. It is a little tarnished from sitting in a drawer since 1988 when I got it. I am going to sell it, but have no idea of it's value. What is a ounce of silver worth nowadays ?

CHEVYINLINE6.
Did you get the free haircut too?

"I came home with Tom Peterson's haircut, 747s gonna land on me!"

larry8

Blackhawk
Please be aware that the Chinese have made several different designs of US coins that look exactly like the US counterpart but are actually FAKE. They usually sell for 1/2 the cost of the US coin and are VERY difficult to determine if they are indeed fake. Especially the US Eagle coin. I unfortunately, got stuck with a few of these coins, but had them checked at a reputable coin shop. They are worthless and illegal to sell, so here in my safe are a few of these coins that I cannot do anything with.

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
Did you get the free haircut too?

"I came home with Tom Peterson's haircut, 747s gonna land on me!"
I remember the free haircuts, but never got one. Was greeted by Tom several times when shopping at his store. A local news channel once interviewed him while he was bird hunting in a big field.

CHEVYINLINE6.

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
Please be aware that the Chinese have made several different designs of US coins that look exactly like the US counterpart but are actually FAKE. They usually sell for 1/2 the cost of the US coin and are VERY difficult to determine if they are indeed fake. Especially the US Eagle coin. I unfortunately, got stuck with a few of these coins, but had them checked at a reputable coin shop. They are worthless and illegal to sell, so here in my safe are a few of these coins that I cannot do anything with.
The coin / token I have I got 35 years ago from Tom Peterson himself.

CHEVYINLINE6.