Carlsbad Caverns National Park NM

Help Support Ruger Forum:

caryc

Hawkeye
Never been to Carlsbad but I did visit the Luray Caverns in Virginia. Quite spectacular. I remember on the guided walk we came to a lake of crystal clear water that looked like a mirror. Absolutely still. It looked like you could stick your hand in and touch the bottom but the guide said that it was about thirty feet deep.

caryc said:
Never been to Carlsbad but I did visit the Luray Caverns in Virginia. Quite spectacular. I remember on the guided walk we came to a lake of crystal clear water that looked like a mirror. Absolutely still. It looked like you could stick your hand in and touch the bottom but the guide said that it was about thirty feet deep.
I visited there on my honeymoon (first wife). You WALK into that. It IS amazing.

Thanks for sharing your photos Kevin. I was a hard core caver for 30+ years. Don't get into many now. Even though Mexican Joe's son is blind there is something special about being underground, that has to be experienced. I love going in and turning out the lights, and just sitting. Some claim there are more positive ions. I don't know. Good to hear the NPS took care of you MJ.
gramps

BearBio

Buckeye
A few clarifications/amplifications:

1. Passes are slated to go up QUITE A BIT sometime this year.
2. Passes can be bought at many outlets: Bigger Refuges, Nat Forest offices (main offices), Most National Monuments, National Grasslands, major BLM Offices, some sporting goods stores (We bought ours at the West Entrance to Yellowstone).
3. Passes are good for the entire vehicle. Also, holder, spouse and a limited number of guests (2).
4. You have to show valid ID with your pass.
5. SEE #1 ABOVE!! I think it's gonna be $80 (Still, a bargain).

We use ours up to 7-10 times a year in the PNW.