Class Acts

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunman42782

Hunter
Guys, I just want to go on record that I think Don Findley is a heck of a good guy. I know most of you probably already know that. First of all Don doesn't really know me from Adam. Other than me buying a few of his books and a few PMs, we are complete strangers. I expressed interest in obtaining one of his books that is out of print. He didn't have it, so I placed an add in the classifieds. Low and behold he found one of the books left and is sending it to me free! Only in the gun community do you have class acts like Don. Over the years I have had similar things happen to me from "gun guys", and I have tried my best to do the same when I could. If only the rest of the world could be as gracious and helpful as most all of the guys I have known over the years in the shooting world, what a wonderful world it would be, indeed. Mike Splittgerber is another fella that helped me out a lot years ago in the wonderful world of Ruger, as did Carl, (Flatgate) God rest his soul. I remember once on the old sixgunner forum Rob Leahy, of Simply Rugged, offering to help me make my own holster! Class acts, one and all! Just wanted to thank all of you, and all the other folks that have done similar acts of kindness over the years.

contender

Ruger Guru
I too can echo much of what is shared above.

Don & I have enjoyed a friendship for many years,, and I have bought all of his books. His work is to be studied, enjoyed, and especially,, APPRECIATED for the way he's managed to find, preserve, and format a TON of history of Sturm, Ruger & Company. One of these days,, people will be WANTING Don's books without much success in obtaining them. Many are VERY limited in quantities. (How about a printing of just 30 copies of some books,,,,??)

But the kindness, and willingness of the good folks here and much of the dedicated firearm community to help or encourage others in any way they can attest to the fact we are not the "types" many anti-gun types THINK we are.

This Forum, and a few others have proven that to me. This one & one other have become a place where I feel "connected" with so many others with similar feelings & likes as I have.