Current Cost to ship handgun / most affordable way

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cyrus

Single-Sixer
Check out a service called," ship my gun".
I've used them with complete satisfaction and they were the cheapest, FOR A HANDGUN. For long guns,USPS is legal,as long as you ship To an FFL.
^This^

I've used them about 10 times in the past year or 2 and the prices are about half and ease of use is excellent. This is Buds service so you get their buying power/volume discount on shipping.

pogomo

Bearcat
Having not sold a gun before, wondering what the best most preferred way to ship a revolver is these days? Any specific labeling needed on the box or other additions such as insurance and or associated firearm fees? I'm a member at a local gun club FFL range, called for a shipping quote but he said they can't predict and need to check several carriers.
If this is just an occasional thing. Use SMG by buds gun shops. They use ups and checked out all the things you need to stay local. Price is as good as you'll find. All local.
Phil

pogomo

Bearcat
I meant legal in my reply. I have used them 4 times in the last year. Price was comparable with others. The one step they require is you take the package to a UPS hub. Not a store. They also send you with a letter with someone's name in the UPS who set up the program. He can be called to verify if needed. I went to the same hub with all mine.
Be safe

Bad Barlow

Blackhawk
I meant legal in my reply. I have used them 4 times in the last year. Price was comparable with others. The one step they require is you take the package to a UPS hub. Not a store. They also send you with a letter with someone's name in the UPS who set up the program. He can be called to verify if needed. I went to the same hub with all mine.
Be safe
Sometimes the "counter guy" is uninformed about the SMG program,and the verification letter is helpful.Print it and bring it.