Cylinder throats need reaming

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and would like to ask a question about reaming the cylinder throats on my om Ruger Vaquero. I have used a caliper to measure them and they are .451. I would like to get them .4525. What is the best way to get this done? By buying a reamer and doing it myself or sending it to someone that knows what they are doing? Thank you for your patience.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum from another NC guy. I'm in WNC. Where are you located?

I'd look hard at getting it done by a guy who knows how to do it properly. The costs of the tools is much more than what they will charge.
I just spoke to 2 Dogs,, (Fermin Garza) last night. He's EXCELLENT to deal with, fast turn around, and all you need to send it the cylinder.
You can reach him at; 361-960-3697. He's in Texas,, so allow for the time difference.

contender

Ruger Guru
Ken, I think you will be more than pleased with Fermin's work. I've never heard a single complaint.
You are a bit "east" of me,, but that's ok! :D

CBH44

Single-Sixer
I had Doug ream my .45 cyl. Perfection. Fermin will be excellent, too.

AK375DGR

USMC 1st Mar/Div 7th Engr's VietNam 69-71---SFi
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and would like to ask a question about reaming the cylinder throats on my om Ruger Vaquero. I have used a caliper to measure them and they are .451. I would like to get them .4525. What is the best way to get this done? By buying a reamer and doing it myself or sending it to someone that knows what they are doing? Thank you for your patience.
Yes, and Yes again,,,,,, One of, if not the best way to improve your accuracy, and I would also recommend that you ask him to check your Cyl. to Fc, clearance,,,, ie... Forcing Cone to Cyl. Face Dimension, and also check that you've got an 11deg. FC ...... Just as I have done, see attachment...... :ninja:

Attachments

• LJ's RUGER SBH-Bisley Hunter .44Mag Work-Over.png
    LJ's RUGER SBH-Bisley Hunter .44Mag Work-Over.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 77
  • LJ's Ruger SBH-Bisley Hunter (1).JPG
    LJ's Ruger SBH-Bisley Hunter (1).JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 81
  • LJ's Ruger SBH-Bisley Hunter (2).jpg
    LJ's Ruger SBH-Bisley Hunter (2).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 73
  • LJ's Ruger SBH-Bisley Hunter Work-Over 2021 (3).jpg
    LJ's Ruger SBH-Bisley Hunter Work-Over 2021 (3).jpg