Did the English language change?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My wife feels the same about me.... lol
Joking here but something to think about. Is this the master plan of the liberal academia, fantasy landers, to change their language so that they think conservatives, the real landers, are crazy so they can change the facts of what we learned ? Think about it, we now have an Academy for Space Cadets!!!! Lol. okay i hope someone find my humor entertaining.
LOL! I've known several Space Cadets over the years but, I don't recall any of them going to an academy to earn that title.

Chief

Single-Sixer
My wife feels the same about me.... lol
Joking here but something to think about. Is this the master plan of the liberal academia, fantasy landers, to change their language so that they think conservatives, the real landers, are crazy so they can change the facts of what we learned ? Think about it, we now have an Academy for Space Cadets!!!! Lol. okay i hope someone find my humor entertaining.
L

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
Irregardless, yous guys just dont understand nuthin. Their must be a better way to comunicate. No problem.

I see I great deal of illiteracy and ignorance about the English language online, but not so much in face to face conversations. Maybe I just associate with a better class of people. Personally I have never heard people say they "reversed", meaning backed up, or some of the other examples at the start of this thread.

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
I see I great deal of illiteracy and ignorance about the English language online, but not so much in face to face conversations. Maybe I just associate with a better class of people. Personally I have never heard people say they "reversed", meaning backed up, or some of the other examples at the start of this thread.
Yeah better class of people for sure.

My associations are literate as well, but many of the people I see in stores are not very well educated.

Dan in MI

Staff member
I get changing language for the times and kids doing whatever is cool, or groovy. 😄What gets me is the horrible english being made normal. I saled my car last week. Versed really threw me when I first heard it. School A versus school B somehow translates to we versed them?

I just see a difference between slang and dumb.

The pronunciation of "vega" is like that of the star, with the "e" being short. We don't gamble in Las "VEEgas", Chevy did not make "VEEga", and as just mentioned, the star's name is not pronounced "VEEga". Apparently this all stems (pardon the pun) from someone who doesn't eat meat being illiterate and unable to spell "vegetarian". If you want to change both the meaning and pronunciation of the word, ADD A FREAKIN' VOWEL!

Also, just because everthing gets political here: The current usage of the word "woke" is incorrect and and annoying to those of us who still speak correctly. The correct word for this usage is "awakened".

While on the subject: One was awakened, one woke up, one awoke, one will wake up. I don't care where you see or hear it, there is no such word as "awoken".

The word "woke" has nothing to do with waking up, or rousing from sleep. It is not a misunderstanding of that word but a newly developed phrase to indicate a commitment to the agenda of the so-called "progressive" worldview. "Woke" means a commitment to the Marxist like concept of DEI (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion) which attributes all of the differences in outcomes of everything between racial groups to racism; a belief in the multiplicity of genders and the insanity that a person can "transition" from one gender to another by "identifying" as that gender; that feelings are more valid than knowledge; accepts the false premise that one's ethnicity and gender trump any individual responsibility or traits; among other concepts. Using the phrase "woke" has little to do with understanding proper English or not understanding. It is primarily a political viewpoint for the extreme Left.