EC9s Review

Help Support Ruger Forum:

magnum0710

Bearcat
I'm in the process of starting a YouTube channel and made a blog site to go along with it. If anyone is interested here's my review of the EC9s. I'll be making a video review of it soon too but for now here's the written version. I'll post a link to the video when it's done too.
I'd appreciate any thoughts on the review, if you think I should add something or leave something out please let me know. Thanks everyone!

Armybrat

Buckeye
I don't think my granddaughter cares much for the old LCP .380 I gave her last year. Maybe the EC9s might be easier to shoot?
So this must be a good price for an EC9s?

magnum0710

Bearcat
That's not a bad price but you have to account for shipping and the FFL transfer. You could probably get it at that price locally. Honestly if she doesn't like the LCP the EC9s probably won't be too much better. In the way of the LCP is small so it doesn't fit her hand yes the EC9s would probably be easier to shoot but if we're talking recoil or looking for something fun to shoot no it wouldnt be my first choice. I would take a look at the Security 9 or even the Security 380 if she's looking for something more comfortable to shoot. The Taurus G3C isn't bad recoil wise but that's the smallest I would go in a 9mm if looking for comfortable shooting, the full size G3 would be even better. Believe it or not the Taurus G series is pretty reliable I carry mine quite often.
If you must go small for carry purposes I would take a look at the Glock 42. It's roughly the same size as the EC9s but it's a 380, it's a really great shooter. The only reason I sold my 42 is because I wanted a smaller 380 in the LCP size range for pocket carry.

Mike J

Hunter
I don't think my granddaughter cares much for the old LCP .380 I gave her last year. Maybe the EC9s might be easier to shoot?
So this must be a good price for an EC9s?

There might be a better deal somewhere but I checked gunwatcher.com & gun.deals & that was the lowest priced online deal I found. Shipping was $9.99 if I read correctly. So if you can get a transfer done reasonably & this is what you want I believe it would be reasonable.