Ruger LC9S/EC9S - Thoughts?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hi everyone -

I'm looking into purchasing a pistol so that my girlfriend has something to shoot when she wants to goto the range with me.

I'm on GunBroker looking at the deals and I see the Ruger LC9S/EC9S for sale.

I looked at MCarbos sight and looks like they just make a Trigger Kit for it.

Looking for personal reviews on it, and how is it to rack.

hittman

Staff member
Maybe info in one of these will help. I had one of 2 but ended up going a different ( G43) direction.

I would consider either of them a 9mm step up from a gen 1 LCP. The improved sighting options alone makes the Max series significant. I saw the sights on my Max9 and was like hell yeah. Best factory sights I have ever used.

I would consider either of them a 9mm step up from a gen 1 LCP. The improved sighting options alone makes the Max series significant. I saw the sights on my Max9 and was like hell yeah. Best factory sights I have ever used the Security 380 is also a great choice for smaller people. Easier to control and a longer sight picture.

My LC9s is my EDC. Compact, great trigger, good sights, not snappy like the LCP and had never had an FTE or FTF or any other problem. Bit of a hassle to properly seat the spring after cleaning. Prefer it to my Glock 26.

Hi guys -

Wasnt thinking when I posted this. I had a conversation with her, I'm going to throw down like $60 renting a few guns at the range and letting her decide.

So far the list to try is -

Ruger LCP Max .380
Ruger Max-9 9mm

Suggestions for others to try would be appreciated!
Like I said the Security 380 is easier to use in every way. Security 9 as well.