Filled A Hole

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yesterday I filled a hole in my Six series collection. Bought (from Poulin Auctions) a low back (150- s/n) Security Six, .357 Mag, 2 3/4" barrel Stainless Steel. I have a 4", now need a 6". Now on to see if Ruger made any low back, stainless, fixed sight Security Sixes (now called the Police Service Six or Service Six) in 2 3/4" and 4.

Reading the RENE Reference of Ruger Firearms, Ruger probably did not make any Stainless low back fixed sight models (either marked Security Six or Police Service Six) BUT, with Rugers you "Never say Never". Same with the stainless 6" (only one of which is known - but you never can tell :)) The hunt is on.

Auction Pictures (sorry for the small size better ones to come when it gets delivered:
52153703_1s.jpg

52153703_2s.jpg

52153703_3s.jpg

Last edited:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Oh Ron, I'm sorry! I didn't know you were chasing it. I was the other bidder and actually didn't mean to drive the price so high! I determine my max bids in advance in a spreadsheet where I enter my value estimate and it factors out the buyer's premium and rounds to the next lower bid increment to create my max. While phone bidding on that lot, my eyes drifted off from the Max Bid column over to the Value column and I accidently kept bidding up to the wrong number.

But it looks like a nice gun! Here are the larger pics from the auction:

52153703_1.jpg

52153703_2.jpg

No need to apologize at all. I set my max from seeing what they estimate and hope anyone else bidding doesn't know the rarity/value of it and then watch to see what happens. I'm not unhappy with what I am paying especially since it has the original box and is in great condition. BTW, Thanks for the bigger images. I just couldn't figure out how to make the pictures bigger when I was posting and didn't have the time (at that time) to figure it out.

I thought about posting that I was going to bid on this gun but then thought "No. why let even more people know about it" :D

I followed the auction from Lot 2000 until this one and a lot of people, IMO, got some really nice Rugers at great prices.

In the future I'll message you beforehand about any I'm going to bid on ;)

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
If I didn't already have a couple lowback GA32's, I may have gone higher. I was after this one due to the box. One of mine is boxed but it is the factory high polished gun boxed in a later yellow box with a barcode label over the handwritten "High Polish". I think they used it as a guinnea pig to test the stainless Vaquero finish.

To my knowledge, they did not ship any lowback stainless guns in the white boxes. Even though they would have fit (the highback guns did not fit the die cut interior), the white boxes were marked with a rubber stamp and I doubt Ruger ever ordered "GA" stamps since they were already planning the change to the highback guns which required a new box. I have lowback GA34's that shipped in the red box like your GA32.

Yeah, I got a few guns yesterday in the 2000+ lot range. The only DA that I got was the late shipped "SHOW" example of a 151 prefix highback RDA34 with the 2013 inventory tag. I'm guessing that was used back in the day for factory displays at NRA, SHOT, etc.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Here is the larger pic of your box. I just copied these pics in directly from the auction site. Open the larger auction pic in one window and drag it in to the forum post in another window and drop.
1713379475304.png

The labels on the old red boxes ran the gamut and quite a few were modified like that one with hand-written info or by sticking a new partial label over to change certain things like caliber and catalog number. I have several examples of those labels with modification stickers changing one thing or another.