Goodbye Oddball: Donald Sutherland, RIP.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
A true American Icon , Can't remember the movie title, but he starred in it with Mary Tyler Moore from the 80's . One of my favs, along with Kelly's Hero's. 👍

Sacramento Johnson

Blackhawk
A true American Icon , Can't remember the movie title, but he starred in it with Mary Tyler Moore from the 80's . One of my favs, along with Kelly's Hero's. 👍
"Ordinary People" from 1980; directed by Robert Redford (directing debut and he won the Oscar for best director). Also made Pachelbel's Cannon in D a mainstream piece. Saw it when it came out; haven't since.

RC44Mag

Buckeye
When we were in Normandy recently I was telling my nephew about a great fictional book and very good movie relating the Normandy Calais tomfoolery the Allies did and how it was almost uncovered, The Eye of the Needle. He never heard of it and recommend to them to read and or watch it. It starred Donald Sutherland as the German spy who uncovered the plot.

I also liked everything he was in. I just watched The Eye of the Needle, Klute, and a few others. Great movies.
Oddball "Always with the negative waves, Moriarty, always with the negative waves. Oddball "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves. Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

"Ordinary People" from 1980; directed by Robert Redford (directing debut and he won the Oscar for best director). Also made Pachelbel's Cannon in D a mainstream piece. Saw it when it came out; haven't since.
Powerful performances by both actors. It was a very heavy movie. Also made Pachelbel's Canon in D my go-to when I need peace. RIP Hawkeye.

Latest posts