Goodbye Oddball: Donald Sutherland, RIP.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

g5m

Blackhawk
Sutherland was a great actor. When MASH came out I was in the service and home for a few days. Took a girl I knew to that movie and what struck me about the movie, besides the humor, was the relationships were so true. It was written by a doctor in Maine about/from his experiences in Korea, IIRC.

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Really liked him in the flick "Eye Of The Needle" where he played a german spy.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Oddball instantly came to mind when we heard the news yesterday. My wife never saw Kelly's Heroes and I wouldn't mind re-watching it after all these years, but it doesn't look like it is available for free streaming (we're too cheap to rent it!)

The most recent thing we saw DS in was the Lawman Bass Reeves where he played a circuit judge in the OK territory.

XUSNORDIE

Single-Sixer
woof.......woof...........woof........thats my sad dog impression....

Loved the movies he was in.....Kellys Heroes is a classic and he was my favorite character in it....

Could have done w/out the butt shot though in Animal House....that movie was like a guide to life back then.....I damn near became Bluto on D-Days bike before dropping out and thankfully joining the Navy....lol

Gopher

Single-Sixer
Keifer and his Dad didn't always have a rosy relationship but they did mend their fences. They did a movie together called Forsaken, a western, that's not bad. He also said they could never get their shooting schedules together for Donald to have a role of some type in 24.

rotor

Single-Sixer
I enjoyed his movies and don't have anything bad to say about him but did I like him? I don't know "him", only the characters he played. Can anyone tell me anything that should make me respect the person? I like Robert DeNiro and George Clooney as actors but not as people. Yes RIP. I today read my local newspaper obits and saw one for a lady I know, that to me is a real loss of a quality person. There are very few actors that I consider people that I care about except that their movies were good. This is why Biden mingles with Hollywood as people seem to worship the Hollywood set as if they are quality people. Like Jane Fonda.

Latest posts