Green Washing Machines ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
To really be extra green you need a year-round running stream in the back yard and a wife with working knees and a good attitude.
I got neither. My old toploader it will be.

caryc

Hawkeye
This is mine, a Whirlpool LFA 7680 made in 1977. A coworker friend gave it to me in 1999 along with the same style dryer.

View attachment 35459

I only know what it is because, surprise!, there are actually washing machine discussion forums on the internet.

The washing machine works, but now vibrates violently during the spin cycle. Probably a bearing or mount. I'm afraid to use it now and I cannot find anyone anywhere who will repair it. I doubt new machines will last even 10 years.

The dryer is fine; maybe I'll buy a new washer only.
I have a Whirlpool washer and the last time I had a repair guy out to fix it he told me. "Don't ever let that warranty lapse". Just keep calling us to fix it and when we finally can't even get parts to fix it, they will replace it with a new machine.

4896worker

Bearcat
On our second green washer . They are the ones not ones we can buy in the people's republic of California .

Ours weighs the clothes and decides how much ch water it will use. One way to fool it to use enough water to clean them. Is to pour a gallon or so of water on top of the clothes when you put them in.

caryc

Hawkeye
On our second green washer . They are the ones not ones we can buy in the people's republic of California .

Ours weighs the clothes and decides how much ch water it will use. One way to fool it to use enough water to clean them. Is to pour a gallon or so of water on top of the clothes when you put them in.
Won't it then also be weighing the water you poured in? I don't think you are fooling it.