WTB grip screw superblackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

When I needed longer grip screws, I could not find them at my local ACE Hardware. You can get them from Ruger. If it's for custom grip panels that are on the thick side, then the bosses may need to be counter-sunk further into the wood. This was my experience.

martyj

Blackhawk
Ruger doesn't have black screws for grips anymore, just stainless.

Im not sure what the black screws I got from Numrich fit. They are about .125 to short to pick up the threads.
thanks for the help though and suggestions.

G2

Hunter
The screws you got from Numrich are for the thinner NM XR3 frame.

I get it,,, the OG blued screws are kinda hard to find, they do show up on EBay and a WTB ad here will bring the best results.

I have taken those Numrich screws, cut them, separate and weld in the needed length. Pain in the butt, BUT when a guy wants blued you do what you got to do.

fwiw: The weld in the middle of the screw doesn't show.

CaryC when making custom grips had blued screws made especially for him,,, because details matter.

Last edited:

Old Muleskinner

Bearcat
I just went through this. There is a man in Pocahontas AR named Sam Simmons who makes and sells gun screws on Eby and Gbrokr. He makes them from tool steel and will custom make screws and blue them. I had him make a replacement just like Ruger blued screws only .200 longer overall on the threaded end do I could cut to length to fit the grips I made and touch up the bluing where I cut the end. He charged me $20 and it is an exact copy other than the length and although I asked for a .030 screwdriver slot it came with a .020 slot. I suggested he should add this to his screws that he sells as there is no other place to buy them. His business card says call or text. I got no answer when I Emailed so I texted.
Sam Simmons
870-219-1270
[email protected]

contender

Ruger Guru
It sounds as if the OP wants an Old Model blued grip screw. And since Ruger shifted to stainless screws,, the newer ones that are blued are shorter to fit the new plastic grips. I'd bet the ones he got are for a NM.

Otherwise,, if the grips are custom made,, then going the route about changing the color of a stainless screw can suffice.

Latest posts