gun mom at the range

Help Support Ruger Forum:

J. Yuma

Bearcat
Today at the range, I was next to a cute mom. She wasn't shooting, her young son was being instructed by our resident lady instructor (who is also cute).
I don't think mom was a gun girl, and I was thinking it was so cool for her to let the boy learn.
I went up to mom and told her that she's the coolest mom in the Carolinas.

Pál_K

Guns. I has it.
I'm sure you all know this, but I'll write it anyway - lots of "ugly" people become beautiful once you know them.

I'm just curious about the context of the situation: whether the mom was there because she wanted to support her son's interest while not being interested in guns herself, or whether she thought it was something important for her son to learn, who's idea it was, etc., and where dad is in this scenario. Things we'll never know.

J. Yuma

Bearcat
We know something.

I asked the instructor about the pair the next day.
She told me that the boy was young, maybe 12-13? She thought he had the potential to be a competitive shooter. Very disciplined and easy to coach.
She thought mom may have been a gun owner, but didn't enjoy shooting.

That was my take, mom was just there for the boy. That's why I thought she was so cool. My thought was that she was willing to support his interest, even though she didn't share his enthusiasm, and SHE was not intimidated by guns.

No dad around at that time.