Help--Ruger skeleton stock rifle slings?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

77ruger

Single-Sixer
I trying to find out who made the special slings for the skeleton stocks. I have one now, all I see is Fastex on it. Can't seem to find out who made these or where I could buy more. They are a nylon strap with plastic ends that snap into and fit the stock swivels.

Coyote Hunter

Single-Sixer
Butler Creek makes the one on the left. The one on the right uses standard studs - the previous owner of the stock had them installed and the Ruger swivel replaced with pins.

IMG_13482.JPG

77ruger

Single-Sixer
Thanks Coyote Hunter. What the blue blue tape on barrel for?

Here is a pic of sling I'm talking about. Sling ends snap into rifle bracket.
DSCF1484.jpg
[/img]

Coyote Hunter

Single-Sixer
77ruger said:
Thanks Coyote Hunter. What the blue blue tape on barrel for?

77Ruger -

A lot of people ask that. Blue tape:

1. Shrinks groups to 0.5MOA with all loads.
2. Adds 250-300fps to muzzle velocity.
3. Makes the shooter invisible to game.

OR, it sticks to the barrel better than electrical tape in cold weather, looks better than tan masking tape and is water resistant. I use it to cover the barrel when it is raining or snowing. The wraps around the barrel are just my supply, to be used as needed. I used to carry a roll of tape in my pack but the wraps eliminate the need to do so and I don't have to take my pack off and dig through it when I need more tape.

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
77 Ruger,

I like that sling. I don't know anything about that sling, but I would be interested.

Looking on the internet I found a similar one. The below link lists it bottom quarter of the webpage as a "Clip-on Sling" made by Ace. It also says that the sling is 1-1/4" wide, so it might not fit on the rifle without modification.

http://www.jerrysgungear.com/AceCase.html
http://www.jerrysgungear.com/acecase/accessories/cliponsling.jpg

Looking on the Ace Case webpage, I was not able to find that sling.

Charlie

Latest posts