Hunter, Bullseye Shooter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

White Pine

Bearcat
I have been a woodworker for fifty two years and still at it. Circular stairs, historic window restoration, carving and Golden Age Pennsylvania long rifles, over the years.
Took up bullseye shooting in '99 with Ruger G678 and then whitetail hunting with Blackhawk conv. in .45Colt., though my eyes are not what they used to be, at 76.
I appreciate skilled workmanship in any material and people willing to share their knowledge.
I have lived in Maine for the past forty two years.

OMCHamlin

Single-Sixer
Welcome aboard. I am a little younger, but I think I took up bullseye a little earlier, maybe around '94-'95. I used a Navy issued NM 1911 and eventually built a Colt, finally just bought and still shoot a Rock River NM1911. My wife still shoots her KMK678, I don't have my HS Supermatic Trophy anymore, but passed it on to a very good friend and a more serious shooter, so I'm happy about that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a GOOD bullseye shooter, I just am familiar with the courses of fire and enjoy it. Had a great place to hunt when I lived in Virginia, but here in Tennessee, only a sliver of shootable land and the couple of does that live near have become more like family, I need to find some land near by.

White Pine, glad to have you on board....welcome to the forum I got you by a year and also did all that bullseye, and PPC shooting when we had to for work ( duty) and for sport now we are retired and just "play" with them maybe test fire them once in a while out back , keep a bit of practice,,,,,and as for the wood ?? never was able to do anything with wood except plant them, cut them down, clear them out and burn it up ,even our fireplaces are "gas logs" now, and not used hardly ever........alsways had good , very good wood workers in the family, and friends and guys who we had working in the gun shop,,,,so I got it done ,,,,just hand rubbed one stock finish on a 1930s solid ribbed Ithaca model 37 , 20 ga pump my wife got for me , and my gunsmith Walt ,MADE me put coat after coat and rub it off , wet sand it down and it came out awesome, my hands hurt even thinking about it,,,,again Welcome Sir:cool:;)

White Pine

Bearcat
Welcome aboard. I am a little younger, but I think I took up bullseye a little earlier, maybe around '94-'95. I used a Navy issued NM 1911 and eventually built a Colt, finally just bought and still shoot a Rock River NM1911. My wife still shoots her KMK678, I don't have my HS Supermatic Trophy anymore, but passed it on to a very good friend and a more serious shooter, so I'm happy about that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a GOOD bullseye shooter, I just am familiar with the courses of fire and enjoy it. Had a great place to hunt when I lived in Virginia, but here in Tennessee, only a sliver of shootable land and the couple of does that live near have become more like family, I need to find some land near by.

Welcome from Western Maine. I'm a y.ear younger
Thanks.

White Pine

Bearcat
White Pine, glad to have you on board....welcome to the forum I got you by a year and also did all that bullseye, and PPC shooting when we had to for work ( duty) and for sport now we are retired and just "play" with them maybe test fire them once in a while out back , keep a bit of practice,,,,,and as for the wood ?? never was able to do anything with wood except plant them, cut them down, clear them out and burn it up ,even our fireplaces are "gas logs" now, and not used hardly ever......
Thanks! So nice to use a gun that you have redone the wood on.

lipofsky

Single-Sixer
Welcome, I got you beat by a couple of years, I came to Maine in 1981 courtesy of the USN, I do postal league bullseye shooting and am a member of the Androsscoggin County Fish and Game Association in the Lewiston / Auburn area.