I’m a grandfather again.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ride1949

Hunter
Congratulations Marlin! I have two granddaughters and will soon see great grandkid #1. Never thought I'd live long enough to see that happen. :cool:

The wife and I got married late then waited 5 years to have our son. Then our son did the same thing. We didn't have a grandchild until we were in our 70's. Today they had grandchild number 2. An 8 pound 5oz male child. The first one was a little girl. She is a real cutie. My grandson may already have a gun he doesn't know about. I just hope we live long enough to get to know them good enough to be a positive influence.
Congratulations. Pick out a good first gun for him. I hope you got one for her too.

I have 8, the oldest 13, youngest 8 mos. They all live with one hours drive. I bought "lifetime" Maine hunting and fishing licenses for all of them. We see them a lot.

We had six kids, boy, girl, boy, girl, twins boy & girl. First daughter had; boy, girl, boy, girl. Second daughter had; boy girl, boy, girl. Youngest son is getting married this fall and they plan to have 2-4 kids. We told his fiance, no pressure, but the first has to be a boy.

Armybrat

Buckeye
Congratulations - grandkids are a lot more fun than kids because as someone on page one pointed out, momma has to take them home. Lol

We have three sons.
The oldest son had twins, a boy & a girl. The boy died last summer at age 29 from a brain aneurysm. His sister, now 30, just got engaged. So we might see a great grandchild.
The middle son has two boys, age 20 & 12 that he's been raising as a single dad since his wife died of cancer 10 years ago.
Youngest son (age 50) won't have any kids - his wife is past that.

Treasure them all while you you can.