I am perturbed that there are no repair parts availability for Marlin and Remington Firearms

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunzo

Hunter
It might not be OEM, but Williams or Marbles will likely have an appropriate replacement.

OTOH, I doubt Marlin was in the sight making business & likely bought from one of the above or similar.

Fwiw, it won't be the first time new owners of a defunct company can't or won't support the firearms made under the last makers.

And BTW, I ordered a Marbles a few months ago & it was a very nice unit. I had 3 or 4 blade choices & 2 choices of over all lengths. Reasonable cost as well. IIRC, Midwest Gun Works was my Marbles source.

gunzo

Hunter
When Ruger bought Marlin the tooling and the machines were worn out, some of the machines pre-dated WWII, maybe WWI era machines.
Ahhh,,,,,,,,, the internet. It's been my understanding &/or memory, not that it makes it true, that Marlin was in trouble & their machinery worn out when they sold. Cerberus bought them, dumped the company in Remington's lap & Remington found out the hard way. Unable to make a quality product with what they had. The got a black eye over it, had to stop production, regroup & purchase some new machinery. After a new start up it was a fact that the latter Remlins exceeded the quality of the late Marlins.
Now, that's not to say that Ruger didn't buy more new machines, & improve more, but Remington had things sorted out for the most part when their owners robbed them into closing.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Yeah, this stuff is frustrating, but,,,,,,,,, If you want to go over the top angry try getting a part,,,, even a dirt simple, no disassembly , no reassembly, no fitting needed part, Call Rossi /Taurus.
It will wreck your day!

Yeah, this stuff is frustrating, but,,,,,,,,, If you want to go over the top angry try getting a part,,,, even a dirt simple, no disassembly , no reassembly, no fitting needed part, Call Rossi /Taurus.
It will wreck your day!
I have been there and done that, even to the point of confronting Tarus face-to-face at the SHOT Show on numerous occasions. I did beat a supply of "transfer bars" for their small frame revolvers out of them once.

WSR- email reply didn't work,
I work on most firearms including old H&Rs, if it is broke bring it to me to look at (no charge for looking). I have worked on a string of Winchester and Colt rifles recently with success.

Sam Summey
828-606-3080

Last edited:

bhp9

Bearcat
In the past I have tried to get parts from Remington such a skeet stock or a skeet barrel and they told me to go take a hike over to one of their distributors who then told me they only stock fast moving parts. No wonder Remington filed for bankruptcy and almost went out of business. I quit buying anything from Remington.

Smith & Wesson is just about as bad, they want you to send your entire gun in and if you have an old gun parts are not available for it anyway.

Ruger has always treated me like Royalty. I have never had a problem getting parts even some odd parts I did not think they had.

contender

Ruger Guru
"Ruger has always treated me like Royalty. I have never had a problem getting parts even some odd parts I did not think they had."

Even Ruger doesn't have a lot of parts for older guns anymore. Many of the guns they have made have been out of production long enough to where service parts no longer exist.

Not sure why the Marlin division does or doesn't have parts,, or why they can't help the OP. But trying to see if we can find what he needs.

RatCat454

Single-Sixer
Western Gun Parts

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

780.489.5711 Voice

780.489.5717 Fax

E-mail: [email protected]

GunBroker: W.G.P. LTD. (A+ rating, 7822 feedback)

It has probably been more than ten years since I had any contact with them. I purchased about $400 in JM Marlin parts. WGP answered the phone every time I called, e-mails within a couple of days. They even took the time to understand what I was doing (refurbishing a severely neglected 1895 and converting from straight to pistol grip) and corrected my order. Shipping from Canada was timely, no surprises.

In checking the contact information for WGP at GunBroker, I did notice a 336 rear sight assembly being offered from another seller other than WGP.

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
I know a lot of people don't like Ebay, but I have gotten many hard to find parts there over the years. I just bought a parts kit for a Charter Arms Pathfinder for $35.00 plus shipping. Got every part except the receiver, cylinder and barrel. I was expecting a zinc or plastic grip frame. Turns out to be a stainless steel grip frame. I don't need these parts at the moment, but we have two Pathfinders and may need some parts in the future. I have spare parts for most of my guns. Someday we might not be able to buy replacement parts. I also find some parts on Facebook Marketplace.

CHEVYINLINE6.

Conman

Bearcat
How about you buy a 1947 Ford and need a replacement ignition switch. Would you contact Ford for the part and actually expect them to have one on the shelf??

Latest posts