I need prayers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I am sorry to hear of this hurdle in your life. You betcha, I've sent Prayers up that the Daktari's will help you beat this, and Prayers for comfort and strength for you and your family.

WAYNO.

Crazy Horse

Single-Sixer
gramps said:
Prayers sent Larry. Back in the mid 1990's, I worked on a bone marrow transplant floor at Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville, TN. It was very successful then, I imagine even more so now. Good luck!
gramps

Thanks for the encouraging words Gramps. The hospital at Baylor does this procedure all the time. I think I will be going to a good place.

Crazy Horse

Single-Sixer
I got some good news from Baylor. They ran my bone marrow results in donor registry and they came up with 22 potential 10/10 exact matches. The said they felt confident they could find me a donor to do the transplant. I have no idea how long this will take. I will have to have chemo to kill all my red blood cells in my bone marrow then they will infuse blood from the donor which will then go into my marrow and cure this disease. At least this is how I understand that it works. I will have a long hard road ahead but I intend to fight and beat this stuff. I think I am going to tell my wife that some good therapy would be for me to find me a Ruger single six 32 mag with a 9 1/2" barrel to buy and play with during this time. I don't know if that will work on her or not. Haha :.)

Prayers from Dallas.

I got my COVID vaccine shot at Baylor in Downtown Dallas. They are very well organized and super friendly. I'm sure you will be treated nice there. Good luck.

Crazy Horse

Single-Sixer
Kevin said:
Prayers from Dallas.

I got my COVID vaccine shot at Baylor in Downtown Dallas. They are very well organized and super friendly. I'm sure you will be treated nice there. Good luck.

Kevin,
I had a valve repair on my heart there at Baylor two years ago. Baylor is a absolutely great hospital. Everyone from the guy that dumps the trash to the heart surgeon were nice and great people. I sure thought I would never have to go back until I was diagnosed with this dreadful disease. The doctors there deal with stuff like I have every day of the year so I know I will be at a great place. It's about a 4 hour trip out there so it's not too far from home.

Larry

Latest posts