I think I'll stop complaining about Rugers new, weird stuff.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wolfee

Blackhawk
I'm an old guy that likes traditional revolvers. Blackhawks, Vaqueros and such. All these new midget, plastic things leave me a little cold. But at least Ruger doesn't get as weird as Taurus. This is pathetic:

http://www.taurususa.com/2011newcatalog/?catalog_page=6

Snake45

Hawkeye
Looks like something dreamed up for a Sylvester Stallone or Will Ferrell movie. :p

None for me, thanks.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Yes, I do believe that is the silliest thing ever. At least the .410 Judge can shoot .45Colt. The 28ga will be useless against anything but snakes and close range birds but the damn thing weighs almost as much as my Merkel 28ga double. And nowhere near as useful or cool. Obviously marketed to the uninitiated.

RonS

Single-Sixer
And now Smith and Wesson is copying the Judge. When I saw the post on the S&W forum I though it was a joke posting with a photoshop job.

Thank God Ruger still has some class.

tek4260

Buckeye
RonS said:
And now Smith and Wesson is copying the Judge. When I saw the post on the S&W forum I though it was a joke posting with a photoshop job.

Thank God Ruger still has some class.

I didn't think ripping off Kel Tec qualified as class :cry:

CraigC

Hawkeye
Don Lovel said:
Good luck finding boxes of 28ga shotshells anywhere, I cannot remember the last time I saw a box
Ever been to Walmart? They usually have a plentiful supply of black box Winchester premium 28ga shells. I'm still working on the several cases I bought a few years ago. Back when they were six or seven dollars a box.

Snake45

Hawkeye
TRanger said:
If this gun can be legally marketed, why not the old Ithaca Auto/Burglar gun?
Maybe this one has some sort of nominal "rifling" in the barrel? :?