I think Woody Guthrie Lives-"Rich Men North of Richmond"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Check out his song, story and Youtube reviews. Brought tears to my eyes and hope to my heart. BTW he's living in a $750 trailer with a tarp over the roof and just turned down a $8,000,000 record deal. In June 20 people listen to him play at a farmers' market. In August 5,0000-6,000 people listen to him at the same location. It's the #1 song in the country. Both Blacks and Whites identify and unit with this song. His political views he says are just down the middle and he's not trying to play to the Left or Right. Just speak the "truth".

Have you ever read Woody Guthrie personal history, he was definitely not a roll model for anyone.
His music spoke to people in a way they could relate to. People are always going to have struggles. Wether it's poverty, drug addiction, traumas we all have them. Some values can cross the board as well. Was Jesus a Communist? Communism would probably be great if people weren't involved.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Fox has a write up about it. The left is hating it. (y)

But the artist and his song's astonishing rise has engineered blowback in mainstream and progressive media as well, with some outlets dissecting the lyrics as playing into conservative conspiracy theories.

A writer for the left-wing Guardian was annoyed it had won fans like Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., and Arizona Republican Kari Lake, adding his line about "welfare abuse" was a "rightwing talking point."

I think what we ,or at what I, consider the Left is the Far Left and yes they will hate this song. They will label it a "MEGA" anthem. But from looking at many YT reviews it appears to me that many Democrats really identify with the song and in agreement with it. His music sounds to me to be country blues rather than "country" and comes predominantly from rural Black America. Of course there are white Americans playing this style such as Doc Watson.

dannyd

Hunter
His music spoke to people in a way they could relate to. People are always going to have struggles. Wether it's poverty, drug addiction, traumas we all have them. Some values can cross the board as well. Was Jesus a Communist? Communism would probably be great if people weren't involved.
Have you read Woody's personal history, the only thing Jesus and Woody have in common is both their bodies were present on the earth at one time.

The Woody's of the world turned into the Long Haired Hippies of the 60's and that's why we have the mess we have today.

That kid should remove has tarp from his roof and fix the roof.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
I just listened to the song and that man hit the bullseye! I am glad that the left has their panties in a wad over it. Tonight I will be pulling a 12-hour shift and will listen to this one again. Now I have to hear the Jason Aldean song that is pissing off the progressive bunch
First I'm hearing it as well. Dude turned down $8,000,000!!! That's integrity.

I just listened to the song and that man hit the bullseye! I am glad that the left has their panties in a wad over it. Tonight I will be pulling a 12-hour shift and will listen to this one again. Now I have to hear the Jason Aldean song that is pissing off the progressive bunch
Just curious as to why it takes a 12 hour shift to listen to a 3 minute song :)

dannyd

Hunter
First I'm hearing it as well. Dude turned down $8,000,000!!! That's integrity.
Hard working poor are lazy about somethings, it would way harder to manage that money than work a 12 hour day.

He should have paid more attention in history class because he is just another member of a group that was started in 1607, when we unloaded the first ships at Jamestown. :)

protoolman

Service-Sixer
The reaction videos don't bear out that liberals don't like it. Everyone seems to like it. The politicians probably don't so they will label it to one group or another to cancel it.