If you won the Powerball lottery?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

As much property as I could get around me and a good fence.
I already have a lawyer and an accountant...
I might also get a new building to store all the ammo in. 😉

mirglip

Single-Sixer
If I won the Powerball lottery, I would pay a whole lot of taxes. As a matter of fact, I call the lottery "voluntary taxation". If you won 10 million dollars, most of it would go to taxes. That's why they have one ten million dollar lottery instead of twenty 50 thousand dollar lotteries. 50K should be enough for just about anyone to turn their life around for the better and you would pay very little in taxes. But no, TPTB would not have that. They want the tax income so they can waste it on social engineering programs. They don't want to help the little fool who gambles. They want it for the government.

NC FNS

Single-Sixer
I joke about going to my well stocked LGS and saying "One of each, please."
Seriously, I'd form a tax-exempt organization (probably some counter-indoctrination educational organization) and donate most of the winnings to it.

Bullthrower338

Single-Sixer
I would charter a plane, first stop would be Rigby to get measured for my New Rising Bite 470, best grade magazine rifles in 416 Rigby and 275 Rigby and then off to Tanzania for a month or so. I'm sure I could find some great hunting to do while waiting on my Rigby order to be filled.

XUSNORDIE

Single-Sixer
After acquiring financial protection....I would pay off all my kids debt, and set them up with monthly allotments, with the stipulation they maintain meaningful employment (which they all currently do, LE/Military/Medical Fields/Teacher) and continue to be an asset to their communities. My Grand kids would have equal amounts in their accounts to accessed when they turn 21, with same stipulation as parents.

Whatever is left over, I'd take my Wife on her dream vacation to Scotland. I would love to go on Safari even if was only to observe. I'd like an extensive bourbon collection as well....which to me would just be endless Wild Turkey.....I'm not a fancy guy. Would just want my kids taken care of in a responsible way mainly. Family first.

krw

Blackhawk
Well, I'd give Hamm, Hertel, Oliver, and RR an option to sell out a retire. Goin through their goodies would take a while!!

A second home in a warm climate to spend the winter months. Then most likely decide how much to give each of my five grown kids so that they would be financially secure for the rest of their lives. Then I would set up trust funds of more modest amounts for each of my 13 grandkids, not enough to live on, but enough to back them up for any unforseen emergencies. Then maybe the one luxury that I have thought about: a specific Class A motorhome made in Germany that has a "garage" right in the middle, lower part, made to store a Mini Cooper. Its about $2,000,000 but I already own a Mini Cooper so I would feel I was being prudent in my spending.

Paladin

Bearcat
I hope one of you are lucky enough to win the lottery. If you do, I'm hopin' ya could loan me a couple million. Ya know, just to see me through the end of the week.

Latest posts