Illegal behavior,, never ceases to amaze me

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Just post a picture of any venomous snake (or any snake at all) in any forum or on Facebook and you will immediately have multiple arguments between the people who want to kill any snake they see and the people who are too busy reminding everybody else that it's illegal to shoot snakes.

I used to see all kinds as a dealership Parts Manager. But this thread brought one "special" guy to mind. He was one of those loud, self-impressed, dirty, and generally disagreeable folk that like to talk too much. I remember him saying "If you ain't poaching you ain't hunting." I told him that it was that kind of comments that gave hunters and gun owners in general a bad name. I was pretty pissed…he used to get a discount for some reason (friend of the prior manager, I think). Well, that evaporated that day.

Bennj1

Bearcat
A little off topic, but here in my part of NJ I have noticed a decline in the bat population over the past several years, maybe white nose syndrome? I like bats (just not in my attic), especially because I dislike mosquitoes. One of the most impressive acts of nature that I have seen is the bats of Carlsbad Cavern coming out at dusk by the many thousands to feed at, I believe, the Rio Grande.

Last edited:

redhawker

Buckeye
Saw a classic one a few years ago. A "gentleman" posted a picture in a fishing forum of him holding a Steelhead Trout. Some of the forum members questioned where it was caught, some claiming it looked like the background in the photo was from a closed/no fishing area of a local stream. The background had some tule reeds growing in a kind of distinctive pattern. A few days later, a photo was posted on the thread of a Game Warden mimicking the angler's (aka poacher's) pose with his arms spread as if he were holding a large fish, just as the guy in the picture had done. The tule reeds behind him were an exact match. I don't remember the exact caption the Warden posted but it was something along the lines of "Busted!"