It's starting

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Screenshot_20240630-205850.png

One track looks like heading to Mexico and the SW USA.
There's three systems out there
One track looks like heading to Mexico and the SW USA.
This is the best developed ones track. The M ( major hurricane) is the big concern. Looks like the Yucatan is going to get it then a northward tilt. The warm gulf will probably regenerate it.
Screenshot_20240630-225747.png

Just like 'they' want us to believe in politics, the weather people want you to believe; "things are so bad, they've never been this bad before!"*

that's actually a line from a Japanese Sci-Fi movie where the monster had stomped on every city in Japan and so all the scientists could do is go before the UN and say that.

contender

Ruger Guru
The talking heads of the "news" media. Predicting doom & gloom. We've had weather,, both good & bad since the beginning of time. Some is better or worse than others. With a bigger population, more people are affected.

Any excuse to drag climate change out in front of everybody. Saw a great clip after Hurricane Andrew. Mike Wallace was interviewing Dr Neil Frank of the hurricane center about global warming and the ferocity of Andrew on live TV

I think this is why the weather forecasters now publish "heat index" warnings. The actual high temperatures aren't sufficiently excessive.
As much as I think most of the weather for casters are silly at best ( like after a big rain event they run around looking for a puddle to stand in to report the event. Golashes and big yellow rain slick all the official garb) 75 % humidity is oppressive on a hot day. A least for us old guys.

Bullthrower338

Single-Sixer
Glad I got away from Houston but, 35 years ago when I first went to Houston, it was hot and humid, two years ago when I left it was hot and humid. Same with everywhere I worked in between, Arizona, hot and still hot
South Texas yep, hot followed by increasing hot. All hype! They do the same with the weather as they do with gun control, manipulating data until it fits their communist agenda.

But have you noticed. Years ago we had weather girls. Then for some reason that was considered sexist and degreed male meteorologists took over. The weather took on names like Accu-weather and such implying that the trained men were better at reading the weather provided by the USWS than the weather girls.

Well it seems that once the old men started disappearing from the screen pretty young women have been replacing them. But now these ladies are degreed meteorologists. Again proving that pretty girls can read the weather as provided by the USWS better than old men. Or at least they are nicer to look at.

Then again, can you picture the first day of meteorologist college when the professor asks the students why they want to study meteorology. Whe he gets to cute lite Mindy Mophead she answers she wants to be on TV.