Lets see pics of your reloading bench/room/area

Help Support Ruger Forum:

montanaboy

Bearcat
Roper said:
All are mounted on bases and get clamped to the top.

I am intrigued.

What is the base and clamps made of?

It looks like the clamp part of your set-up are machined to spec.

More info please and thank you.

ps/ damn clever too :?

Sal1950

Blackhawk
Here's what my new loading bench looks like now that I've moved down to Central FL.
Only negatives are you can't work when it's raining or the winds blowing too hard.
And then there's days like today, broke 90 by about 1:00PM and the lube started to meld off my lead bullets and was beginning to make a mess of things so I had to quit. First time I tried loading lead in the high heat.
Good news is I'm getting a great tan while I load and if I get hungry I can just reach over and grab an orange off the tree.
Sal

img1373h.jpg

img1372k.jpg

img1375v.jpg

Boxhead

Blackhawk
If I ever get home for more than a couple of weeks at a time I will enclose the bench area and run the AC to it.

Garage001.jpg

Garage003.jpg

Garage006.jpg

As my wife runs the Idaho place my abode is not quite as nice. :)

summer2011002.jpg

LAH

Buckeye
Began innocent enough
HPIM2492.jpg

But kinda went it's own route :lol:
DSC02579.jpg

doc540

Single-Sixer
Buckeye Bill said:
doc540,

Looks very useful to me. I have a some Unique powder on my bench as well. RCBS Rockchucker is where I started. NICE! :)

Thanks

Just shot my first reloads this week.

Shooting some more tomorrow. 8)

doc540,

I am new to reloading and it is very exciting to test fire my reloads.

Last week I started reloading 45 ACP with Winchester large pistol primers, 5.8 grains of Unique and Barry's 230 grain plated round nose.

Test fire was fine and I reloaded 500 rounds of that formula in 5 days.

Today I found some 230 grain HSM lead hard cast RN bullets at a local store. Bought 500 rounds. I loaded 30 rounds using Winchester large pistol primers, 5.5 grains of Unique and the 230 grain HSM lead RN. COL 1.245 per the Hornady manual.

It seated nicely and I look forward to taking it out and testing it's performance.

This reloading hobby is very fun and opens up new aspects to my shooting interests. :)

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
Man - I love those fancy color bullets from Sweden!!!! Looks like a souped up version of the nyclad they sell here in the US.

Out of a .45 on a sunny day those things would look like tracers!

slippingaway

Blackhawk
workbench_zpsf0c943c7.jpg

I hope that works, let me know if it doesn't. Bought a new 550 and it motivated me to get the garage cleaned up and get my workbenches and cabinets put together and set up. This will probably be the only time anyone sees it this clean :)

I mounted the Square Deal and the 550 right next to each other because I only wanted to give up one of the workbench sections for presses. I was able to mount them with enough room for the Dillon bullet trays to fit on the left side of each, the Square Deal drops pistol rounds into the bin right under the tray for the 550. It looks a little crowded, but works.

tsubaki

Single-Sixer
reloadingbench.jpg

I simply can't get past the single stage stuff, probably due to changing my mind.
And don't worry, there is less than 20 pounds of powder present.
Benny