Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatgate

Hawkeye
I corrected the data on s/n 200100.

flatgate

138547433.jpg

RugerHound

Hunter
I also have recently come into possession of #203125S. It was apparently a late shipper - Aug 1964, and letters as an "S" suffix. (As opposed to a stamp ahead of the grip frame)

This gun has a steel cylinder, but Ruger's records indicate it shipped with an alloy cylinder.

RugerHound

Hunter
radicalrod said:
Hey RH, not many around with the S ahead of the grip frame....also the factory confirmed the aluminum cylinder ??? I didn't know they were able or kept track of such details...I believe all my S marked guns have a steel cylinder......RR.

Rod,

Yes, they volunteered that cylinder information oddly enough. Here's the text from Ruger's response:

"The information you requested for the above serial number is as follows:
Model: Single Six Lightweight
Shipped: August of 1964

This shipped as a Lightweight model with aluminum frame and cylinder with a 4 5/8" barrel. The "S" after the serial number indicates that this shipped as a "seconds" gun"

I was aware that there are not many with the "S" stamped ahead of the grip frame. Mebbe one day I'll stumble onto one for a song. (It'll have to be a song 'cause I can't dance! :shock: )

I discussed this gun with Bill, and he supposes these were left over after the initial LW run after the alloy cylinders were all gone. This one has a blemish in the barrel that looks like it's been there since new, which could be why it was set aside during the regular production run.

Latest posts