Mark I .22 w/factory brake and box.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

twerpymoon

Single-Sixer

44Squatch

Single-Sixer
Hate those damn buyers' fees! TWENTY PERCENT! AND the seller is hosed as well!
Yea that's a huge nut.

But here's a question for us Collectors and Chad (and I don't partake in Chad's pricing catalog …. and maybe I should with what I've been picking up lately), but would the Buyers fee, and taxes, and S/H, factor in to our "value" of the gun, be it:
• insurance value
• replacement value
• Chad's pricing guide,
or does one just consider the purchase price (hammer price) when buying at auction?

I think I have my thoughts … what be y'all?

krw

Blackhawk
Well You buy a gun on GB for $400. You tell your Buddy what a great buy you got in this gun at $400. He explains that you paid for the gun, paid 3% for conv of using CC, paid $50 shipping, GB collected 8% sales tx, and You paid your FFL $30 for the transfer.
So to put that gun physically in your gun cabinet it actually cost You $529.50

Yea that's a huge nut.

But here's a question for us Collectors and Chad (and I don't partake in Chad's pricing catalog …. and maybe I should with what I've been picking up lately), but would the Buyers fee, and taxes, and S/H, factor in to our "value" of the gun, be it:
• insurance value
• replacement value
• Chad's pricing guide,
or does one just consider the purchase price (hammer price) when buying at auction?

I think I have my thoughts … what be y'all?
I always considered all of the costs, other than shipping and transfer fees.

G2

Hunter
krw, GREAT Breakdown!!!

GB charges a buyers fee too 1%😳

It's more the poke in the butt that bothers me.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
WELL..........a non Inc MB just sold on Ebay for 280 dollars........looks like a wakeup call is in order.....17 bids with most at the end(two bidders fought it out)...........even had a ragged box...Chad's recent survey said it should be priced/valued at $165...........but, on any given day...........

Last edited: