Mark IV Recall Update

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I registered my Mark IV for the recall on 6/15, and I was just notified that I would be receiving the shipping box for sending my receiver to Ruger shortly. I wasn't sure how long it would be for this to actually happen but it seems Ruger is working on the recall pretty diligently.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Good to hear, know what to expect now. I must be way down on the list, only a confirmation email my SN subject to recall, no word since

EddieON

Bearcat
Received my frame back today, took 15 days in total. No free magazine, I guess because I live in CT. No voucher or letter from CEO as others have received. A little disappointed.

Spleenless Dave

Single-Sixer
I had to call them the other day, and turns out they couldn't find any info on me saying I'd signed up for the recall, even though I had right after the notices went out. So, they're supposed to be mailing me the box, and hopefully it will arrive this week.

hognfrog

Bearcat
I registered BOTH of my Mark IV's on the same day, according to what I read on their website they are doing a "first come first served" type of recall. I rec'd ONE recall box last week, but haven't gotten anything on my 2nd pistol, yet both were registered for the recall at the same time, same day??
I wrote them a email via the "contact us" on their website. So I will see what they say.

Thunderstick

Bearcat
Hmmm......I don't recall the exact date I registered but I'm thinking it was the week of June 19th. I was out of town (without my Mark IV) after the recall notice and before the 19th. I haven't heard anything yet. Just for grins, I went back on Ruger.com to register again and I get a notice that an RMA has been issued.

timboy

Bearcat
EddieON said:
Received my frame back today, took 15 days in total. No free magazine, I guess because I live in CT. No voucher or letter from CEO as others have received. A little disappointed.
Did you send it in yourself or have a dealer ship it back?
I have read elsewhere that Ruger only sends the extra mag to a customer that ships direct to them,returns from dealers are not getting the free mags.
If you did send it yourself call customer service and they will very likely send you a new magazine.

hognfrog

Bearcat
hognfrog said:
I registered BOTH of my Mark IV's on the same day, according to what I read on their website they are doing a "first come first served" type of recall. I rec'd ONE recall box last week, but haven't gotten anything on my 2nd pistol, yet both were registered for the recall at the same time, same day??
I wrote them a email via the "contact us" on their website. So I will see what they say.
Received an email this morning from "Ruger" and was told my 2nd "box" is on its way. My first pistol was mailed on Aug. 01 so I will let everyone know when I receive it back from Ruger.

rman

Bearcat
I went to Ruger's website about June 10th and signed up for the recall. They sent an email on June 14th and said I would soon receive a prepaid shipping box and instructions. I read on a couple of other forums that Ruger was having problems with their return process and they suggested a phone call to the factory. On July 24th I called Customer Service. A nice lady checked their recall database and found no record of me signing up for the recall. She took all of my information again and promised a prepaid shipping box soon. Two days later I received the box and instructions for returning the grip frame. The USPS tracking info shows it was delivered to Prescott on Saturday, July 30th. On August 2nd I received an email receipt for the gun. Their turn around has been a week to 10 days. I hope to get it back next week sometime.

Spleenless Dave

Single-Sixer
I never got a shipping notice after the email the other day saying they'd received my gun and were reviewing it, but was surprised by a box in my mailbox today that turned out to be the repaired lower with the free mag and a nice letter thanking everyone for their patience. It only took about 8 working days to get it back, not counting the day I mailed it out which is pretty damned good. Everything looks good, but it was hard to put the gun back together, and I had to really push in the release button hard to get it the upper to snap in to place as it wouldn't just snap back in to place even really pushing down on it. I got it back together and everything seems to function properly and I figure it may be tight from being disassembled and having the new parts put in. Now to take it out and finally shoot it! Thank you, Ruger!

I had registered quite a while ago, and today received an email saying the box and shipping label would get to me soon, and to fill out the form to return with the box. The form calls for a "RMA/Reference #". What is that? And why would it ask for a "Description of Problem"? I assume I would just write "Recall" in that section.

hognfrog

Bearcat
My Target Mark IV was received at Ruger yesterday (Aug 3rd) I will let you know when it is returned. Still waiting on Box #2 for my Hunter Mark IV.

rman

Bearcat
Got mine back from Ruger today. That's 9 days, but there was a weekend at the start of the process. Looking forward to trying it out soon.

rman

Bearcat
I received mine today also. Pretty darn good service if you ask me.

john guedry

Single-Sixer
I sent mine off last Sat. got email yesterday saying they had gotten it. Will let ya'll know when I get it back.