Max 9 Ammunition

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Let me get to the range. Right now I have a bunch of Corbon 115 gr jhp +p. I was reading the Hornady 100 gr was made for 3 in barrels. It is supposed to tame the recoil some. Penetrates 11.5 inches in Heavy clothing gel tests. Be glad to report back.

Cholo

Staff member
It's just a light for caliber bullet for less felt recoil in lighter guns. This explains the pink packaging.

Critical Defense® Lite ammunition offers an effective, reduced recoil option for any shooter looking to minimize felt recoil of their lightweight, compact personal protection firearm.

*A portion of the proceeds from the sale of Critical Defense Lite ammunition is donated to help fund breast cancer research.

DIL carries this ammo in her small frame Glock 9mm. It does soften the recoil especially in the short grip of the compact 9's. Terminal performance? It's sort of a 1/2 way step between .380 and 9mm. I wouldn't totally discount it's usefulness.

My main concern would be how well it cycles in a semi-auto.... I'd want it to be well proven in any carry gun of mine.
I got a chuckle out of the 'pink packaging'. I'm all in favor of breast cancer research but the whole pink thing is a tad over marketed in my mind.
But then at the rate I'm going I might actually one day need help with that.... anyone know where I can get a man-bra or 'Bro'zere?

I bought some Hornady Critical Defense lite for my Max 9 Any comments. Should of asked first U guess.
If it doesn't cycle reliably or shoot accurately it's absolutely useless. I'm pushing these 90gr Lehigh's around 1,500fps. Cycles reliably and is minimally accurate.

Attachments

• IMG_20231209_195950602.jpg
    IMG_20231209_195950602.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20231205_153618390.jpg
    IMG_20231205_153618390.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 20
If it doesn't cycle reliably or shoot accurately it's absolutely useless. I'm pushing these 90gr Lehigh's around 1,500fps. Cycles reliably and is minimally accurate.
Back to the basics. I have some Pilgrim 60 gr gazillion fos. Just can't get comfortable with that

My main concern would be how well it cycles in a semi-auto.... I'd want it to be well proven in any carry gun of mine.
I got a chuckle out of the 'pink packaging'. I'm all in favor of breast cancer research but the whole pink thing is a tad over marketed in my mind.
But then at the rate I'm going I might actually one day need help with that.... anyone know where I can get a man-bra or 'Bro'zere?
I got first fibbies on the accessories

Agreed. I think it's interesting how corporations gave to go out to show how involved they are. IThe reason I got it was I ran some +p Corbons through it and it was pretty jumpy for me. After reading the reviews I figured it's made by a reliable company, and if it lives up to the lower recoil promised it should afford quicker follow up shots. I hate thinking like this but as said elsewhere, I am the slow deer at the watering hole now and I don't intend to be a gift to any thing imported or domestic

I have tried out the Hornady Critical Defense Lite in my LC9 and have seen no function issues. Certainly less snappy than regular 9mm rounds but maybe a bit more so than the 380 LCPmax. YMMV Etc.

Jerry