Mr. Deerstalker?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

warbird1975

Single-Sixer
Scott does not have any respect for anyone else's time. That is why I no longer do any business with him. More than once I have sat around waiting for a call he said he would make, or checked the mail every day waiting on something he said he sent and never did. I have also had him cash checks and not send the gun for over a month. It is pretty easy to make a call or send a PM before disappearing into the bush for an extended period of time, but he is too self absorbed to worry about other people's feelings.

mrdix

Single-Sixer
I too am waiting on Scott , I purchased two item , recieved one of them ...no ida where the 2nd one is .

Kaiser_2

Single-Sixer
Flatbolt3006 said:
Kaiser_2 said:
I am going to go against the grain. I don't know either party personally, but if the seller can cash the check, he can ship the rifles. A month is completely unreasonable.

Say you bought an in stock item from a vendor. They processed your payment immediately. Would you be satisfied after a month with no item and no explanation? In my opinion, this isn't really any different.
While you would be spot on if you where shopping at a retail store. You are way off the mark when shopping with the Alaskan. Hummmm how does one cash a check if he's out in the bush? Simple his wife deposits it in his account for him. He'll come home sooner or later and ship your guns not to worry.

How does one post on the internet if he is out in the bush?

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7022

His last post was a just under 3 weeks ago. If he can be online then, he could drop OP a note to let him know timeline. I think OP is absolutely right to be concerned...I'm assuming the deal is worth $1000 or so. That's not a small amount in my mind.

Communication is key in online dealings.

I will say since mr. Deerstalker has been here for 10 years and has 5,000 posts, he's not pulling a fast one. I do think a little courtesy would go a long way though.

kelbro

Single-Sixer
I have no dog in this hunt but it looks very similar to the comments about my favorite Savage gunsmith. Communication expectations are not always mutual between parties. If everyone gets on the same page at the start of a transaction, things work better. If the transaction situation changes for either party, both need to be made aware of the complication. That is where it looks like most of these breakdowns occur.

One quote that I read is very true... "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."

Johnnu2

Hunter
He had told me early in Sept that he would be out of touch maybe thru the end of the month.
I believe he's doing some "guiding".....
J

Status
Not open for further replies.