New EDC!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BearBiologist

Hunter
Just got back from the range. Shot my Ruger Old Army that has had loads in it for several years. All fired although a couple had to be capped twice.
Shot my new Glock 44 (22lr), 45 Colt Vaquero and my SA XDM-Elite 45 acp. (OK, been a while since I've been to the range!). The minor surprise (I was kinda expecting things to turn out as they did!) was the SA XDM. First time out and I kept all my shots within the torso of a zombie target @ 10 yards with Hornady XTPs and Underwood with LeHigh bullets. Actually, kept most in the head with the Hornadys.

Carries extremely well in an Urban Carry OWB holster and conceals well under a sports shirt untucked. I also have an Urban Carry gun belt (1.75" to fit jeans). It is also comfortable-I thought the stiffness would be uncomfortable but it isn't.

Sits comfortably while driving, too!

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Just got back from the range. Shot my Ruger Old Army that has had loads in it for several years. All fired although a couple had to be capped twice.
Shot my new Glock 44 (22lr), 45 Colt Vaquero and my SA XDM-Elite 45 acp. (OK, been a while since I've been to the range!). The minor surprise (I was kinda expecting things to turn out as they did!) was the SA XDM. First time out and I kept all my shots within the torso of a zombie target @ 10 yards with Hornady XTPs and Underwood with LeHigh bullets. Actually, kept most in the head with the Hornadys.

Carries extremely well in an Urban Carry OWB holster and conceals well under a sports shirt untucked. I also have an Urban Carry gun belt (1.75" to fit jeans). It is also comfortable-I thought the stiffness would be uncomfortable but it isn't.

Sits comfortably while driving, too!

Is that XDM the short barrel (3.8") with double stack mags?

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Yes! Mine is 9+1 but I do have a 13+1 magazine I bought before we got a magazine ban. Mine was on sale at Sportsman's Warehouse for under $400 and was an impulse buy.
Thought that might be it so I looked it up out of curiosity. Pretty short grip on it from the pics on the SA site, how's it feel? Any pinkie dangle with the 9rnd mag?

PS: SigSauer makes a pretty good line of 45acp you might want to try out, but with that short barrel you won't get the MV they advertise. I tried out a box of the 185gr JHP in my full size Tisas, and it shot pretty well. About $1.25 per shot tho. I can get Hornady Critical Duty locally for ~75cents a shot.

Last edited:

BearBiologist

Hunter
Thought that might be it so I looked it up out of curiosity. Pretty short grip on it from the pics on the SA site, how's it feel? Any pinkie dangle with the 9rnd mag?

PS: SigSauer makes a pretty good line of 45acp you might want to try out, but with that short barrel you won't get the MV they advertise. I tried out a box of the 185gr JHP in my full size Tisas, and it shot pretty well. About $1.25 per shot tho. I can get Hornady Critical Duty locally for ~75cents a shot.

Actually, I had that problem with the magazine-well swelling. I removed it and it fits me much better.

BearBiologist

Hunter
UPDATE: I bought an Urban Carry OWB for my Springfield XDM-Elite in 45 acp. We had a yard sale last weekend and set up Friday for a Saturday sale. Carried the pistol and holster all day, slept in the living room to keep an eye on things and all-day Saturday during the sale. Even slept with it on Friday Night! SUPER comfortable!! Wore it with a Bullllhide "gun belt" (Correction)!

1719250888906.png

9+1 capacity of 45 acp with LeHigh 135 gr bullets or Hornady XTP 185 gr. Who could ask for more!! As my Army XO said" By the time you fire 6, someone SHOULD be dead!"